PDA

View Full Version : need front struts kyb or koni...or someting else?

black38
12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Need new front struts.

Just put kyb agx's on the rear.

Would like the same on the front but the place i got the rears cant get the fronts.

Anyone know where i can get both front struts for about $300? or have a better option?

AKEP
12-24-2011, 03:48 PM
i have a pair of used kyb's for the front. i believe they are new, came off a restored ep with a basically new front end. not sure what trim they are tho. lmk if you're interested.

black38
12-24-2011, 06:28 PM
pm'd thanks.

I made the thread hoping someone can point me in the direction of a store that sells these struts at around 150 a pop

PatrickJamesYu
12-24-2011, 08:49 PM
I'm on Koni's and I like them
But I would check out CorsportUSA
If you order soon, I believe they have some online coupon codes avail.
Check the dealers/sponsors on this forum
They have there own section

black38
12-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I saw corsport in the sponsors part. On their website it says the konis need extensive modification? why am i reading that wrong?

PatrickJamesYu
12-25-2011, 01:40 PM
I saw corsport in the sponsors part. On their website it says the konis need extensive modification? why am i reading that wrong?

The word Extensive makes it sound much more than it is.
The Koni shocks are a shock insert
So you take your front strut assemblies, remove the shock from them, insert the Koni shock.
You can cut the spring seat from the strut if you're using coilover sleeves like Ground Control, but that's a different route.
If you're using stock springs, or lowering springs, you don't need to cut the seat.

black38
12-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I actually am using skunk 2 coilover sleeves.

PatrickJamesYu
12-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I actually am using skunk 2 coilover sleeves.

Then you can cut the seat for the stock springs which will make them much cleaner, remove dead weight, and turn them into the closest they can, to a full coilover.

mech_engr
02-18-2012, 08:25 PM
i have a pair of used kyb's for the front. i believe they are new, came off a restored ep with a basically new front end. not sure what trim they are tho. lmk if you're interested.

Do you still have these front KYB's for sale?

StockTexasEP3
02-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Are the KYB's the same on the EM2 as the EP3?