PDA

View Full Version : HID question ?

amrcncllctble
12-27-2011, 01:21 PM
does anybody know if it's ok to change to different color bulbs using the same ballasts? as if you had different color sets that you could change out depending on weather conditions or mood, etc. i know that in changing them you run the risk of touching the bulb, but other than that. thanks.

PatrickJamesYu
12-27-2011, 01:28 PM
does anybody know if it's ok to change to different color bulbs using the same ballasts? as if you had different color sets that you could change out depending on weather conditions or mood, etc. i know that in changing them you run the risk of touching the bulb, but other than that. thanks.
Ballasts are fine
Just make sure to buy bulbs in a different color temp, but the power ratings stay the same.

The risk of touching a bulb is the same with changing a bulb, and installing.

amrcncllctble
12-27-2011, 06:06 PM
i figured as long as i stuck with the same brand and wattage it'd be all good, i just don't really know the inner workings of the ballasts. but when i get my next set, i'm gonna take apart my old ones and go electrosploring!

PatrickJamesYu
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Brand doesn't really matter, most HID companies do not make their own bulbs.. let alone ballasts but that's a different discussion.

Just make sure the power ratings are the same.
So if you have 35w ballasts, get 35w 12v bulbs.
And 55w with 55w.

Hayabusa750
12-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Yes,thats fine no worries mate!