PDA

View Full Version : Headers to go with GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust

the_real_7
12-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Hey guys I installed GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust 2 months ago and man what a great power band the engine is getting now , felt like what i got from all e i h on other cars but all at once . . love the powerband at higher speed , now i need to find some race headers to go along , I love to get the kiddracing ones , but they seem hard to find , the dc headers dont exactly look that great , can someone recommend to me some good header where i dont have to have a downpipes wielded , I dont mind price but something like 700 is pushing i think id rather pay 300 400 hundred if possible
also later thisd year im going for a k24 swap , thanks guys like always

mitchlikesbikes
12-28-2011, 02:13 PM
krrh is the best option for the price really. you're having trouble finding one because they're only really available new through Clubrsx i think. not sure about that though.

gtolio
12-28-2011, 02:32 PM
PLM. Same thing as the Kidd, but cheaper and more available.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?53899-Private-Label-MFG-Power-Driven-RSX-EP3-HEADER

From my research, it sounds like it will not clear the stock sway bar on a K24 swap.

mitchlikesbikes
12-28-2011, 02:34 PM
should work with the em2 sway or no sway

jgn6848
12-28-2011, 08:55 PM
i have the same exhaust and i have the same problem as you. I want a header that is ep3 specific and NOT rsx/ep3. i want to bolt it all up without having to deal with a muffler shop. KiddRacing is quality but not bolt on, dc headers is pure garbage, OBX is more garbage ... you might like invidia but it $600.

the_real_7
12-28-2011, 09:38 PM
just came home work guys . . . but thanks for the help, and if there more id really appreciate the info . .

krrh is the best option for the price really. you're having trouble finding one because they're only really available new through Clubrsx i think. not sure about that though.
thanks man for the help finding but page seems dead :(
but thank for rechecking the fit of the PLM those looks great also if stats in page are correct should be fun

going to try to pm this person see how this works looks very nice in the curve with specs be right up my alley, and give a nice extra kick in my curve line , any forums on the stas of this

jgn6848

i have the same exhaust and i have the same problem as you. I want a header that is ep3 specific and NOT rsx/ep3. i want to bolt it all up without having to deal with a muffler shop. KiddRacing is quality but not bolt on, dc headers is pure garbage, OBX is more garbage ... you might like invidia but it $600.

thanks for kicking obx out of the way and explaining you have the same setup , that helps me make less of a bad choice , can you explain to me more about the invidia or why i should buy . . . if i had to spend 6 i would as my k20 hatchy take great boost from upgrades , much better than i thought at least

the_real_7
12-29-2011, 06:22 AM
checked out these plm https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/product_p/plm-hk20-kt-v1-header.htm has anyone tried them , as for the sway bar im sure i could work around it , once i do the engine swap

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/INV-HS01AR1HDP.html
these invdia look nice also , will they fit th ep3 even though designed for the rsx s , if so i may go with these

gtolio
12-29-2011, 08:07 AM
checked out these plm https://www.privatelabelmfg.com/product_p/plm-hk20-kt-v1-header.htm has anyone tried them , as for the sway bar im sure i could work around it , once i do the engine swap

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/INV-HS01AR1HDP.html
these invdia look nice also , will they fit th ep3 even though designed for the rsx s , if so i may go with these

The K-swap PLM is for k-swapped EGs/EKs/etc.

I don't see why people are so worried about getting work done at a local exhaust shop. It should be a quick and easy job for someone who knows what they're doing.

the_real_7
12-29-2011, 01:40 PM
The K-swap PLM is for k-swapped EGs/EKs/etc.

I don't see why people are so worried about getting work done at a local exhaust shop. It should be a quick and easy job for someone who knows what they're doing.

Its not really that I don't have a exhuast shop , I'm in miami got them on every corner I've even had customed exhuast done lots of times
Its that its a 700 exhaust and I don't want chop it up . . Unless it the header that has to be modfied , sorry if I'm comming of as a newb just engine swaps are new to me and as much as I know about both cars , I don't the part diffrenes all around . .

gtolio
12-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Yeah, I understand not wanting to cut up a new part.

FWIW, you can get the PLM EP3/DC5 spec header for $325 right now, and the part you cut isn't actually the header, it's just the extension. It still won't clear the sway with a K24 though.

Just food for thought.

jgn6848
12-29-2011, 06:46 PM
cutting & welding leaves crud which messes up flow unless the person welding grinds off the excess flux on the inside.... plus bolt on looks and feels right!

the_real_7
12-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I understand not wanting to cut up a new part.

FWIW, you can get the PLM EP3/DC5 spec header for $325 right now, and the part you cut isn't actually the header, it's just the extension. It still won't clear the sway with a K24 though.

Just food for thought.

Thanks gtolio. . . ah ok so it about two inches to long im taking so ill have to take it to a shop get a proper weld done then install , some people saying i can get em2 sway bar , to work around the k24 . Meantime it say it comes with a 3 way test pipe so maybe itll fit right on . . remember newb here so if im incorrect about something please correct me

gtolio
12-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks gtolio. . . ah ok so it about two inches to long im taking so ill have to take it to a shop get a proper weld done then install , some people saying i can get em2 sway bar , to work around the k24 . Meantime it say it comes with a 3 way test pipe so maybe itll fit right on . . remember newb here so if im incorrect about something please correct me

Yeah, that's about right. Think about the length difference between an RSX and an EP3, that's what they'll have to take off so your exhaust doesn't come out the back.

I also had some friends running RSX spec DC Race headers with EP3 CTR spec catbacks back in the day. You may be able to do something like that with a different brand header as well, but you should do some research on that first. I can't remember if it was 100% bolt on or not, but I think it was.

I haven't seen this particular header in person, but I'm thinking a good shop should be able to cut and reweld the flange so that it's indistinguishable from the original header aside from the length difference. I know people that can do that kind of work in Denver, but that doesn't really help you at all.

the_real_7
01-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Hey gtolio ,just ordered Private label MFG K-Series ep3 Header $325 Free Shipping w/ Free 3 way test pipe H-T Holiday Special , found out the 3 way test pipe is adjustable so this baby should slide right in, later ill have to make a solid test pipe probably , i dont know without this piece not being smooth maybe ill loose a bit of performance , thank for the help , one last question if you dont mind , i think the header comes with defouler also , if not is it necassary to order , and where does it get placed on the secondary sensor ?

KaeDu
01-06-2012, 12:33 AM
I have the KiddKrusher (I have heard they are the same) and Greddy Spectrum Elite. I had to have the test pipe cut and refabbed. Not difficult at all. I just reccommend doing it on the car. I also have HFP suspension and I clear stock sway bar. I wrapped sway bar with hose and two clamps to ensure no metal-on-metal.