PDA

View Full Version : Hazard button relocation besides center console?

b_ron
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Is there any other place to relocate the hazard button besides the other slot on the right side?
Planning to use the hole but need to see if i can move the button somewhere else first.

Thanks

mitchlikesbikes
01-04-2012, 08:02 PM
it's really only limited to your creativity and how far you really wanna go with things to move it. buuuut, i think one of those dead areas where the optional switches go to the left of the steering wheel would be a good place for one.

b_ron
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
hmmm. how hard do you think the wiring would be? not sure how to bring over the whole "assembly" to the other side of the steering wheel
i'm no electrical guru

mitchlikesbikes
01-04-2012, 08:43 PM
well the biggest issue is that a large part of the turn signal harness runs through that switch. really though, all that you'll be doing is extending maybe like 15 wires tops from the center console to the left side of the dash. not sure if it would be necessary to pull the whole harness and re pin the connector all the way, or if it would suffice to just clip, extend, and then crimp the wires back up. someone else can probably be of further assistance as far as that whole fiasco goes.

b_ron
01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
hmm alright. thanks for the idea though. might have to look into it further

AKEP
01-05-2012, 12:32 AM
not really any better place unless you make a hole for it. for that much work you might as well put whatever you were going to replace it with somewhere else lol.

MugenReplica
01-05-2012, 07:36 AM
I have mine in one of my Ep3s to the right of the ignition switch in the small triangular area with a vent. Just used a dremel to get the correct shape and then brought the wires over from the center console area. Fit almost perfect, although it sticks out a tiny bit further. The only reason I did it here though is I have a factory ciggy lighter on the right side of my lower console, otherwise I would have left it where it was.

mitchlikesbikes
01-05-2012, 02:57 PM
I have mine in one of my Ep3s to the right of the ignition switch in the small triangular area with a vent. Just used a dremel to get the correct shape and then brought the wires over from the center console area. Fit almost perfect, although it sticks out a tiny bit further. The only reason I did it here though is I have a factory ciggy lighter on the right side of my lower console, otherwise I would have left it where it was.

i like this idea, no wire extension. how did you secure it in the new spot though?

b_ron
01-05-2012, 04:53 PM
yeah i thought of that location as well.
but like someone said, with that much effort, i'll just put what i was going to put there somewhere else.