PDA

View Full Version : Swapping cluster back grounds possible??

04SiSpeed
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
I have never taken apart or seen the ep cluster out of the car. I know in other cars its possible to just change the back ground in the cluster. Is it possible to do that with ours? Example taking the euro type r back ground with 9k redline and in mph, into our cluster.

I want to have the 9k redline since i am swapped to the k20a, and it sketchs me out that the tach goes into my mph. Sometimes to the 20mph marker. I dont want over to rev my car, in those instances, i am revving the motor out to there. It isnt often but it does only take one wrong over rev and boom by by bottom end.

I know you can just swap the entire cluster but then i wont have my milage and that the main reason for this post. I wanted to just replace the backing with the type r one and still retain the same cluster itself..

Thanks guys.

bigfeller
10-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I dont want over to rev my car, in those instances, i am revving the motor out to there. It isnt often but it does only take one wrong over rev and boom by by bottom end.

Doesn't the K20A maintain a fuel cutoff? I believe the stock tach on the EP3 reads fast anyway. My car was dyno'd, and while hooked up consistently read 500 rpm faster than actual engine revolutions. With the Hondata reflash comes a 7700 rpm cutoff; my tach was reading 8200 rpm (or roughly 'white space past 8K' when the computer shut down the party.

Don't you hit a fuel cutoff on the K20A?

Danielsle
10-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Just swap out the cluster to the euro r (mph/kmh), type r (kmh), or the German r (mph)

SkareKrow
10-02-2012, 01:10 PM
this is Meany Bellas CTR MPH Cluster
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/03/yvy6a5um.jpg

¶SK¬

geeio
10-09-2012, 10:38 PM
answer to your question no you can not change the background the cluster is just one piece so you cant take pieces from one and put on to the other, the cluster swap is just about your only option, only other option is an external rpm gauge. i have the ctr with the mph the mph is a little off past 60 mph with the gps on my phone but it red lines at 8

ef9jeff
11-12-2012, 07:02 AM
exactly what he said ^^^^^

With that being said, I have a type r cluster in km/h if your interested $130 (plus you pay the shipping), decided to keep my SiR cluster instead

Kerby
11-12-2012, 07:22 AM
Just swap out the cluster to the euro r (mph/kmh), type r (kmh), or the German r (mph)

Just to clarify alittle incase the TS goes on ebay to purchase this:

CTR EDM - Civic Type R cluster will be in MPH. This is the Euro Type R from Germany, France, maybe Russia??
CTR UKDM - Civic Type R cluster will be in MPH. This is the United Kingdom Type R
CTR JDM - Civic Type R cluster will be in KPH. This is the East (land of the rising sun) Type R