PDA

View Full Version : Hod do I install Sparco Pedals?

Brettnyt
01-04-2003, 12:43 PM
I wanna pick up a set of the Sparco Grip pedals, but I dont know how to install anything. Anyone here installed these? Any pics?

http://www.sparcousa.com/images/304.jpg

ssvr6
01-04-2003, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to drill at least one if not all of your pedals.

Steve

Brettnyt
01-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Damn... How tough is that?

civicSIracer
01-04-2003, 08:32 PM
you have to be kidding us.. install pedals? shit.... how do you install a light bulb..use common sense and you might be able to install something on your own.

Jpax
01-04-2003, 08:53 PM
I myself have the sparco pedals on my 6th gen and love them. good choice my friend.

I installed them using a drill and phillips screw driver.

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/511/9488/p/173982_1105062946331858535_vl.jpg

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/511/9488/p/173981_8845693261878710317_vl.jpg

http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/511/9488/p/173980_5543283265195398755_vl.jpg

golferjn
01-04-2003, 08:59 PM
nice pedals

ssvr6
01-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by civicSIracer
you have to be kidding us.. install pedals? shit.... how do you install a light bulb..use common sense and you might be able to install something on your own.

...and welcome to the site....ass.

Steve

civicSIracer
01-04-2003, 10:24 PM
just cuz i dont post stuff on this site all day long doesent mean anything. i am not an "ass" cuz someone cant figure out how to install pedals. and next time dont use such vulgar language. you ass.

ssvr6
01-05-2003, 12:37 AM
Do me a favor, make a DSN-less connection to an Oracle DB via a web application.

Can't do it? What are you, a moron?

Just because you know how to do something, doesn't mean everyone does. Maybe he thought that the new pedals were replacements. He asked a simple question, don't flame him because you know the answer and won't share.

Steve

Brettnyt
01-05-2003, 02:29 AM
Ah, thanks for the support Steve... At least some people in this world can be civilized about aknowledging others inabilities. :D Those pedals look sweet Pax. Brake a lil crooked or is it just me? How tough was it it drill? I just dont wanna get myself into a mess that I can't get out of. Thanks for the help everyone!

-Brett

SiR Medic
01-05-2003, 07:26 AM
civicSIracer said:
you have to be kidding us.. install pedals? shit.... how do you install a light bulb..use common sense and you might be able to install something on your own

Yes sir you certainly are friendly aren't you!

Hey even if the guy was asking how to check his oil, there is no reason to be that snotty!

ssrv6 said:
...and welcome to the site....ass

WELL SAID!:D

BlasTech
01-05-2003, 08:02 AM
He's smart for asking.

Would you think he's smart if he made a post called "how to screw up your pedals installing sparcos :( "?

better to find out from someone whos done it before, because you might not be able to go back.

Jpax
01-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Brettnyt
Ah, thanks for the support Steve... At least some people in this world can be civilized about aknowledging others inabilities. :D Those pedals look sweet Pax. Brake a lil crooked or is it just me? How tough was it it drill? I just dont wanna get myself into a mess that I can't get out of. Thanks for the help everyone!

-Brett

The clutch and break are a little off. it is Very hard to dril...... Chuck the wheels of the car even if your on the flat. and Pull the E break. that way the car won't move.

the Rubber pads pop right off exposing metal on the pedals. to line up were you want the pedals and make the holes with a permanent marker. Then get a punch and hammer and make a small dent in the metal there. (if you try to drill the pedal the drill bit will Slip all over the place) Now carefull start drilling Do NOT put your hand other behind the pedal or around it.

For the Break and clutch i pressed both in as far as they would go then drilled. but when i released the pedals were slightly off.

the clutch pedal rides slightly higher then the break.

Brettnyt
01-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Great, thanks for the info, and the support. I wasnt exactly keen on totally fackin up my stock pedals. Guess i've got somethin to ask for when my birthday comes around in another 2 weeks. Im gunna be ticked if my mom won't let me instal em. Shees totally against all modding. Believe it or not, she thinks its "Hickish" she always says "Kent!" or "Everett!" whenever I mention modding (you know what im talkin about PaX) She thinks that all modded cars involve hydrolics and wire rims..... Pisses me off!

-Brett

Jpax
01-05-2003, 04:02 PM
LOL i hear ya. Kent is Hickville and Everett is on the verge of White Trash..... but Honda man has a house there so ill be nice.... ;) ..... Tell her next mod your getting Will be hydrolics... lol.....She can Ride while you Hit the Switchs. and clockl ho's rolling on 10s........ LOL :cool:

SiR Medic
01-05-2003, 07:51 PM
I installed a set of Ractive pedals and the brake and clutch were a cince to install, but the throttle pedal was just some clips and a metal strips with no clear way to install them. Worst of all, the damn things didn't come with instructions!

I e-mailed the company, they didn't send me instructions for about 2 weeks.

Trust me, I know how frustrating it can be...

Brettnyt
01-06-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by PaXiE
LOL i hear ya. Kent is Hickville and Everett is on the verge of White Trash..... but Honda man has a house there so ill be nice.... ;) ..... Tell her next mod your getting Will be hydrolics... lol.....She can Ride while you Hit the Switchs. and clockl ho's rolling on 10s........ LOL :cool:

OMG thats fackin hilarious! It got me laughin so hard. Just to see her face if I said that... Ah, thanks for the laughs Pax, havent laughed that hard since we discussed racial stereotypes in history this mornin! lol, THAT got interesting....

-Brett

JoshSI
01-09-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by civicSIracer

dude relax!!! Last time I checked asking for help wasnt a bad thing! Its good for the forum to have alot of how toos anyway! Show some sympathy.

DOPE pedals by the way!