PDA

View Full Version : strut bar......most popular?

jettech
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
whats the best most popular strut bar thats everyones using? i already have energy suspension bushings and KW coilovers..
thanks

Danielsle
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
A lot of people use the DC titanium strut bar or the neuspeed I think. Lots of options really... Just really what you prefer.

jettech
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
is the DC a direct bolt on with no issues of relocating brake reservoir? i am looking for an easy bolt on.

RedSiBaron
01-09-2012, 09:32 PM
dc is direct bolt on. its really probably the only one i would consider, but i really wouldnt spend the money on a strut bar unless you are totally out of other things to spend money on.

jettech
01-09-2012, 09:41 PM
well i appreciate that answer.. and thank u...'
so do u think a 6 speed would be a better upgrade?

RedSiBaron
01-09-2012, 09:54 PM
well i appreciate that answer.. and thank u...'
so do u think a 6 speed would be a better upgrade?

avid racing motor and trans mount would be the first step and at the same time or shortly after would be the trans, though depending on what your doing there are many options.

the avid racing motor mounts will run you about 350-400 and will stiffen the front more than anything. if for the street, get the 62a mounts and the 72a upgraded passenger. perfection.

jettech
01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
avid racing motor and trans mount would be the first step and at the same time or shortly after would be the trans, though depending on what your doing there are many options.

the avid racing motor mounts will run you about 350-400 and will stiffen the front more than anything. if for the street, get the 62a mounts and the 72a upgraded passenger. perfection.

sorry forgot i already got mounts.....and yes they mad huge improvement

RedSiBaron
01-09-2012, 10:02 PM
oh, well then you wouldnt ever notice a strut bar...the engine is already braced between the strut towers.

well a 6spd would be good, especially if its your daily and you do highway commuting.

usedep3
01-09-2012, 10:09 PM
instead of a strut bar why not compliance bushings, balljoints, etc?

i've had the dc titanitium. direct bolt on. its nice and i got it when they had that blowout sale for like $150shipped. i had to buy my own hardware but still, it was an excellent deal.

i have a cusco now. nothing fancy

team ERA 5
01-09-2012, 11:32 PM
I have the neupeed strut bar with my avid mounts. Isn't so shabby.

jettech
01-10-2012, 04:00 AM
yea, it is a DD....and lots of hiway,

tinman5
01-10-2012, 06:16 AM
Im running the Tanabe myself. I picked it up on c-list for 35 bux so i that it a good deal. I would have prefered a Tein but i dont think one is available.

b_ron
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
how many of you actually notice a difference running strut bars?
still considering myself but if its not even noticeable, i wont get them

tinman5
01-10-2012, 11:02 PM
On this particular car and for how i drive it, the addition is not particularly noticed. In my experience, the issue is not the mod or upgrade, its our natural human tendency to adapt. Its very rare that any mod leaves a lasting or even noticeable impression. Except for brakes, that is the one thing that i am constantly aware of on all 3 of my cars.
In my humbled experience i discovered that upgrading to the Type S brake master cylinder on the otherwise stock brake system was a huge improvement. I ran it as such while i overhauled some s2k calipers and waited for the Type S rotors to come in.
All that being said, its a beneficial add on, aesthetically pleasing, and does improve chassis rigidity by some degree. Buy one if you can afford it (used preferable to new). Your car will not be any worse for NOT having one.

tinman5
01-10-2012, 11:09 PM
Stiffening up the rear would be more noticeable and beneficial if you do any serious driving. Bigger rear sway, c-pillar and or rear strut bar would be a better investment.
I have a few heim joints left over from my S13 that my brother is going to use to make me a rear 3 point brace for the rear shock towers. We'll see how that works out.

usedep3
01-10-2012, 11:34 PM
how many of you actually notice a difference running strut bars?
still considering myself but if its not even noticeable, i wont get them

FSTB's not so much.

i have every brace possible short of a cage. the top 3 biggest differences felt were with the 6 point subframe brace (either carbing but preferably d3 designs) and then 25mm rear sway and then itr aluminum rear seat/floor brace.

.colin
01-11-2012, 10:20 AM
If you buy strut bars or any kind of bars, ones that aren't 1 piece or tie into the chassis are pretty useless because they still pivot at the joints under load (IE: Cusco front strut bars)

gtolio
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
I have the Tanabe as well. Its strength is probably also its weakness, which is that it's a 3-piece bar. It allows you to easily move/remove the middle piece to get to the motor, but at the same time, I'm not sure it's as rigid in those areas as a one piece bar. For me, that's a fair trade off because people are right, it doesn't do much, even as a one piece.

The best suspension mod I have found is the Progress rear sway and tie bar combo. It really brings the handling of the car to neutral with a stock front sway. I've even been able to get my car to oversteer slightly if I push it enough.

cvicep3
01-27-2012, 12:10 PM
How about the Japspeed? Would it fit our cars?

RHCP0801
01-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I have a cusco one, looks best out of all the strut bars I think. I knew I wouldn't feel a difference but there was a good sale on it

T_Virus
01-28-2012, 05:49 PM
For looks? Comptech Hands down...only a few peeps here including myself have got this rare strut bar...