PDA

View Full Version : suspension question

Satinsilver03
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
hey guys i just have a few questions......im getting a set of rsx straight arm megan coilovers and i am wondering....

-do i HAVE to get rsx inverted tie rods or will the rsx oem ones work?
-do i have to get the steering arm relocation bracket?
-do i have to get roll center adjusters?

(i plan on going low but nothing too crazy.....ive been told these coilovers give the car a 1 finger gap at MAX height so ill probably stay at that or maybe go a little lower)

just wanting some answers so i know what to get for when i put them in when winter is done......thanks

PatrickJamesYu
01-10-2012, 02:08 AM
You seem to put a lot of emphasis to "have".
No you do not have to do anything.

You don't HAVE to get inverted tie-rods. Many ephatcher's are not running them as they only work with Type-R and RSX suspension (that I know of)

You don't HAVE to get the steering arm bracket. For what I know only a few ephatchers even have this piece, let alone even know about it.
It's a non-marketed custom piece.
It's not produced with a brand name stamped to it, it's produced by some guy from CRSX whom lives in my town. I haven't heard of another producer, only talk about it.

Roll center adjusters also fall into the, you do not HAVE to get them, category.
I feel this piece doesn't come up much in discussion in the ep3 community, though I hear more about it on the s2ki forum.

You don't have to get any of these pieces.
Nor you don't have to get camber kits, alignments, etc.
But depending on your build plan, most of your buddies here on ephatch will recommend these pieces.