PDA

View Full Version : type s tranny issue

k26 turbo em2
01-10-2012, 06:16 AM
hey guys ive jus joined this site. i have an issue with my car and im trying to figure whats wrong..i have a fully built k20/k26 turbo em2coupe with a k20 type s stock 6 speed tranny. ive recently changed the gear oil. the tranny locks me out n i cnt get it into any gears, when it does let me in, the gears grinds sometimes when its in gear n i press the clutch pedal in completely theres a noise from the tranny that sounds like the pressure plate isnt fully disengagen. when i drive it kinda hard to change gears. ssometimes the gear changen is ok. it dont pop out of gear like i c alot of people complainin about. i was thinkn it mite the pressure plate goin bad cuz the car does make huge torque...any clue as to what it could be?

FoReVaPmP
01-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Throw out bearing.... and check your shifter cables.... sometimes they bind, Stainless Steal lines usually fix this .... but, I would take the tranny out and inspect it.....

Remember the Stock Tranny is made for only 140lbs. of tq from the factory... anytime you add more then it's made for you have to bite the bullet and get it built. imo.

GL... and keep us posted.... take some pics when you take the tranny out. (if you do)

k26 turbo em2
01-10-2012, 08:11 AM
thanks alot... will do. also what build kit would u recommend?

AKEP
01-10-2012, 10:10 AM
off topic, but i want a video of this car. please. and dyno sheet.

fEPst3r
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM
it could be the pressure plate and clutch disc too, i had a similar problem on my stock tranny. ended up being a crack where the spring is located on the disc and the pressure plate was just worn down.

check out my members ride page for my a2 swap

Ba82Ep3
01-10-2012, 08:22 PM
off topic, but i want a video of this car. please. and dyno sheet.

+1