PDA

View Full Version : How do i fix p1106?

imhotep
01-11-2012, 09:54 AM
02 ep3, 130k miles, stock motor, changed primary o2 and map sensor, and i'm still getting this code,

the reader is also telling me i have 3 incoming monitors (evap, catalyst, o2) BUT I CHANGE THE o2!!!

wtf man

i need my emissions done, im car-less for a fucking month now, shit is royally pissing me off.

ShadowEP3
01-11-2012, 10:07 AM
check your ECU to see if there's a loose plug

apexracing
01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Make sure the 02 wires are intact and that the plugs are fully connected.

imhotep
01-11-2012, 10:42 AM
check your ECU to see if there's a loose plug

ECU is under the passenger leg room area right?

as for the 3 incoming monitors, including the o2 incoming.... could it be that the bosch sensor i got from auto zone doesnt work like the stock one? would i have to get one from the dealership itself?

ShadowEP3
01-12-2012, 10:44 AM
as for the 3 incoming monitors, including the o2 incoming.... could it be that the bosch sensor i got from auto zone doesnt work like the stock one? would i have to get one from the dealership itself?

stay away from Bosch sensors--they almost never work (we get returns on them 75% of the time).

buy the Denso primary from CRSX or buy the one from the dealership

imhotep
01-12-2012, 12:16 PM
stay away from Bosch sensors--they almost never work (we get returns on them 75% of the time).

buy the Denso primary from CRSX or buy the one from the dealership

godammit...

ok

as for the p1106, thats the barometric thing on the ECU itself, and the only way to replace that is replacing the whole ECU right?

Well i don't know if this has anything to do with the barometric pressure, but when i was replacing the o2 censor i saw like this tube that was coming out of the engine bay and it ends around the catalytic converter area, just an open tube line... is it supposed to be open like that? is that a vacuum line? is there supposed to be something sealing it off like a gasket or a screw or something?

BeaterEP
01-15-2012, 07:28 PM
I believe that's where the condensation from the A/C drains, but don't know for sure without checking it out.

AKEP
01-16-2012, 11:10 AM
I believe that's where the condensation from the A/C drains, but don't know for sure without checking it out.

pretty sure thats it.

when you change the o2 sensor you need the specific one for our motor or the type-s. not a universal. I've been on my bosch type-s sensor for a year and boosted, no problems.