PDA

View Full Version : Noise coming out of my sub...

TravisEP3
01-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Can anyone assist in this?

Recently about 3 weeks ago I installed amp/subwoofer into my car that already had the head unit replaced.

About a week ago the subwoofer starting making noise that after talking to people they said it could be alternator related noise. Sounds like feedback of some sort but not sure exactly.

I checked all connections and everything looks good still.

Any ideas/suggestions of things I should check or could do?

Thanks,
Travis
:'(

nbj1485
01-04-2003, 03:30 PM
wat sub do u have? wat kind of sound? is it a click or clap noise?

matrix
01-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by TravisEP3
About a week ago the subwoofer starting making noise that after talking to people they said it could be alternator related noise. Sounds like feedback of some sort but not sure exactly.

To check if it is alternator related, play your stereo with the car off. If it goes away well you have alternator whine.

Jpax
01-04-2003, 09:14 PM
To add to that you might have a ground loop. see if its the alt. if not and its still there. then ground the CD player were the AMP is. to have whats called a common ground. :cool:

TravisEP3
01-04-2003, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys.. I'll give these great ideas a try tomorrow morning. I'll keep ya posted
:D

TravisEP3
01-14-2003, 10:19 PM
OK figured it out... :( Embarassed but thought I would share. I made the newb mistake of screwing my amp down to the body of the car. It grounded out through the car body and fried something on the inside of the amp. I've got a replacement on its way. Thanks for all the good info once again. You guys are great!

IceD out N CALI
01-15-2003, 10:56 PM
haha, big nono, but its all good:cool: