PDA

View Full Version : retro 3D euro tail lights

cycleman
01-04-2003, 02:26 PM
Has any one put a set of 3D tail lights on there si if so what do u think? What the going price on 3D's and a good place to buy them?

modern-perf
01-04-2003, 02:30 PM
I think they look ridiculous.

IceD out N CALI
01-04-2003, 02:38 PM
check this thread out, i bet it answers most of ur questions
apc thread (http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5014)

ALCT
01-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by cycleman
Has any one put a set of 3D tail lights on there si if so what do u think? What the going price on 3D's and a good place to buy them?
I pesonally don't like them very much, I am sure better ones will come out in 2003. Don't rush.:cool:

elroygun
01-05-2003, 12:54 PM
They look like ass...I don't think APC is going to sell a lot of those. They keep trying to sell them on Ebay, but I think the auctions have just gone without any bids.

chet
01-05-2003, 08:57 PM
A lot of guy here really despise these tails. Maybe because they're APC, maybe because they make my Si look like a frogeyed spaceship. Mine are painted black to match the car (no pics yet). Personally speaking, they are absolutely different than anything you've seen. I paid like 180 or so and some extra for paint. Also they great thing about them is they are NOT permanent. Its your car, do what You think is right.

K&N Typhoon CAI, Thermal cat-back exhaust, PROGRESS 2" drop, PROGRESS sway bars Rear & Front (lower), APR wing (RT-1), Ichibahn pedals , Street Glow Orange neons, 15% tint all-around.

P.S. Go to page 2 in member rides and look at pics posted within Jose's threads.

atl-si
01-06-2003, 08:26 AM
Don't do it. Don't go APC. But to each his own.

2k2SiAutoXer
01-06-2003, 09:09 AM
i think they make the si look really cheap unless you have other budy work done. The car stock is a great balance of style and simplicity.

--Tom

SpeedRacer
01-06-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by 2k2SiAutoXer
i think they make the si look really cheap unless you have other budy work done. The car stock is a great balance of style and simplicity.

i agree
--Tom

TrippZ
01-06-2003, 10:10 AM
I like them and all but they just dont... FIT.

I don't know. Some guy had 19 inch rims in members ride, real dope rims too, with the APC lights. I photochopped them black, and man, that was sweet. I dont think it'd work with any other color though.

I'm not going to buy them for 3 reasons.

1) Because APC has established themselves as poor quality (from me and my friends' experiences) to most car enthusiasts.

2) APC tends to be the domain for poorly modified cars (hate to say it, but ricers)

3) And again, it doesnt flow with the lines nor the shape of the car.

If they can give me a black housing/carbon fiber housing tail light with the stock shape, I'd buy it. I really dig the way the tail light goes around the hatch so smoothly.

I_VTEC
01-06-2003, 05:41 PM
The man didn't ask for your comments, he asked for the people that own them about how they are, and where is a good place to buy them, not "Does APC suck?"