PDA

View Full Version : Help with code alarm 6552

MattG80
01-13-2012, 10:44 AM
The company I work for is owned by VOXX international so I get great discounts on code alarm. Thats why I bought this one. My qustion is do I need an immobilizer bypass to install an after market alarm? About a year ago I was at best buy asking about alarms and the guy that was working there at time said I would. I know those guys need like the bare balls minimum cert. but, I had to take his work for it cuz I don't know squat when it comes to alarms. The tech at my job says I shouldn't need it. He's doing the install for me and I don't want him to get stuck.

I'm also thinking about using the remote start feature on this alarm. Does anyone know if it has a sensor for knowing if the car is in gear ir if one can be added. I've heard horror stories of cars driving into walls and what not.

The tech told me I would need to add this item if I was using the remote start. It also has the bypass.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/280694183328?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_4543wt_952

Any help will be greatly appreciated. The tech installing my alarm has a ton of experience and certifications with auto install, just not a lot of experience with alarms. He installs our after market DVD head rests, flip down dvd players, radios, and all that has to do with that. I just wanna make it as easy as possible for him.

I also got a tilt sensor and a microware sensor just FYI.

Thanks guys.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
01-16-2012, 01:14 AM
As a Best Buy installer i feel insulted at your remark (LOL JK) but yeah you would need to use a bypass piece to install the remote start for that alarm. There are a few different ones you can use. The easiest one to use is made by DEI part 556u. What you do is you take the valet key or extra key and put it inside the module and you mount a ring around the key hole. There are other modules you can use with out giving up a key. I dont remember the model numbers off the top of my head but i will check when i am at work tomorrow and let you know.

MattG80
01-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bought the flashlogic. The tech is installing everything now. Hopefully everything comes out ok. Can't wait to see the outcome. Mostly I cant wait to be able to take my car out and not worry... as much, when I leave it alone.