PDA

View Full Version : Who posted the rattle in their dash a few days ago?

ep pilot
01-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Funny because, I wrote back in that thread about how I thought I had the same rattle. It sort of sounds like the noise the turn signal stalk makes when you flick it, or better a marble rolling around. I found the noise only audible when I turned left or right, or got on the gas hard, or while braking. I thought it was my keys, so I would hold them when I turned, nope. Then I though it was stuff in the glove box, nope. Under the seats nope. Well last night I got the ingenious idea to rip open the center console, the area that houses that storage bin and cup-holders, and to my discovery, I actually found a lose screw behind the assy:eek: ? I could not figure it out? all I know is the factory either had an extra screw or left one out someplace, anyhow the rattle is gone and my hands are all bruised as that center console is a PITA to remove, if you do, use caution the plastic tabs holding it in place bend and break very easy, I didn't break one, but I think if I remove that part again for anything it will.

-Ryan

civic hatch boi
01-04-2003, 05:07 PM
dang i gotta do that too... my center console ticks and so does my moonroof.

StrangeShadow
01-04-2003, 06:40 PM
both my doors rattle near the door handles, anyone have a clue what it may be?

Jpax
01-04-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
both my doors rattle near the door handles, anyone have a clue what it may be?
'
Take every thing out of the door pocket. and listen agin.

if not tighten the door pannel screws.

StrangeShadow
01-04-2003, 11:00 PM
Take every thing out of the door pocket. and listen agin.

if not tighten the door pannel screws.

cool thanks