PDA

View Full Version : Did tanabe ever made front sways bars for jdm ep3r?

Perry
01-16-2012, 04:57 AM
Hi everyone,

As title stated does anyone know if tanabe ever made front sways bars for jdm ep3r?

Thanks
Perry

AKEP
01-16-2012, 11:14 AM
dunno about type-r specific ones, but they do make ep3 ones in general.

Perry
01-17-2012, 05:11 AM
dunno about type-r specific ones, but they do make ep3 ones in general.

thanks dude

ANyone else before I email Tanabe?

makavelibranded
01-17-2012, 09:13 AM
http://www.clubrsx.com/clubep3/TBE-TSB046F.html

Looks like they do, id recommend finding a local website,... its always cheaper not going to the direct manufacture.

gtolio
01-17-2012, 09:43 AM
http://www.clubrsx.com/clubep3/TBE-TSB046F.html

Looks like they do, id recommend finding a local website,... its always cheaper not going to the direct manufacture.

He's asking for a CTR in Australia. Not sure if it's the same piece or not, or if they ever made an EP3 CTR specific one. I'm not finding one if they did.

I don't know what part of Australia you're in, but you might contact these guys and ask them:
http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=6

Otherwise, you might email Tanabe to see if they did make one, and if so what the differences were.

Blah1219
01-17-2012, 10:58 AM
I don't why there would be a difference since the sway bars are the same length. Wouldn't you think that that the tanabe sway bars were engineered for the CTR due to that it is made in Japan? Just a thought.

gtolio
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't why there would be a difference since the sway bars are the same length. Wouldn't you think that that the tanabe sway bars were engineered for the CTR due to that it is made in Japan? Just a thought.

Yeah, that would make sense. I would think Tanabe or one of their distributors could tell you that for sure though.

They do make parts for USDM vehicles. I had a Super Medalion Racing exhaust that was USDM EP3 spec, even though it was made in Japan.

makavelibranded
01-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, that would make sense. I would think Tanabe or one of their distributors could tell you that for sure though.

They do make parts for USDM vehicles. I had a Super Medalion Racing exhaust that was USDM EP3 spec, even though it was made in Japan.

Suspension design and geometery doesint differ between usdm and other country ep3's type-r or not. The only thing that is different is the rates and sizes of parts. It would be very costly if they were different and is why all ep3 suspension parts from any manufacture can fit on any ep3, not to mention the RSX chassis is also nearly identical to the ep3 and some of there parts are interchangable as well.

Even though your exhaust was made in Japan as well as most of the peoples on here, they as well as any other company that makes an exhaust has to make the USDM model's exhaust differently due to how the different engines sit, as well as how it is designed to fit with the different sized suspension parts, or anything else that may differ under there, as well as getting the length right. Its why theres Type-R spec headers, & exhausts then theres USDM designs of the same exact parts.