PDA

View Full Version : camber kit?

1fasthb
01-18-2012, 11:34 AM
do these seem to be fine? i just seen them and they are like 100bucks cheaper then the others i see, tired of my bad stock camber!!!

http://www.shop4bodykits.com/2002-2005-honda-civic-front-rear-camber-kit-godspeed-project-p-245055.html

nowhales
01-18-2012, 11:49 AM
theres nothing wrong with the godspeed kit, but most people would run ingalls or spc kits. and alternative to godspeed could be a pair of hardrace camber kits

PatrickJamesYu
01-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I've seen those Godspeeds after use.
After 6 months the bushings were torn apart and the arms were bent.
And that was mild Cali weather.
Just what I've seen.

There's a decent amount of people running them here on ephatch I believe.

mitchlikesbikes
01-18-2012, 03:37 PM
for the extra money i've heard that ingalls are a lot better

PatrickJamesYu
01-18-2012, 04:14 PM
for the extra money i've heard that ingalls are a lot better

I'm on Ingalls front and rear, and I like them.

The next time around, I plan to go SPC and see how it is.

jared07
01-18-2012, 05:01 PM
ingalls are like 35 more shipped from clubrsx

1fasthb
01-18-2012, 11:35 PM
and dont forget that is 96 bucks for front and rear most other kits are like 120+ and u only get the rear :S so that is a no go and way over priced to me that is

nowhales
01-19-2012, 12:49 AM
and dont forget that is 96 bucks for front and rear most other kits are like 120+ and u only get the rear :S so that is a no go and way over priced to me that is

you do understand the consequences of cheaping out on suspension? go ahead and let us now how they hold, that is if they do...

PatrickJamesYu
01-19-2012, 12:51 AM
But what makes you think that they are overpriced?
That's the general price for reputable camber adjustment components.

These godspeed parts are inferior in my opinion.
They bent, the bushings tore apart in 6 months in Cali weather.
Camber bolts are known already to be weaker than the stock bolts already due to their design.

I most definitely want to get something with good R&D and reputation under race and track environments, made with virgin metals
rather than Godspeed which already has a lot of hate from the Zilvia community, using recycled parts, and me being "unsure" about them.

Id even rather go with the Wicked's or the Megans, than these.
They look better cosmetically in my opinion which IMO means a lot.
I've never seen something look great cosmetically and be terrible.
Nor something that looks terrible and work great.

I would recommend getting something reputable.
Ingalls, Eibach, SPC, Skunk2, Buddyclub
I don't want you to die due to an inferior suspension component.

Edit:
The Zilvia crowd knows Godspeed best. Hang out around their forum and read up
Zilvia.net
I've seen Godspeeds cars in person
They have a shop here near by my place.
They have impressive car's and all, 2 built GTR's parked in front.
But I have been told time and time again from my S and Z friends.
They say they were sold out on their decent track records from 2010 and pricing.
But once they committed and bought the products, they were disappointed.
Mostly talking about their coilovers, sway bars, and turbo application parts. And I would assume that the camber kit will have the same poor consumer review.

nmysiismyn
01-19-2012, 01:14 AM
you do understand the consequences of cheaping out on suspension? go ahead and let us now how they hold, that is if they do...

:yeahthat:
Serious Jay.. Your life rides on whatever kit you chose to buy.

Hit up Skunk2, ask for Tony Shagday and tell him that Tommy sent you. That way, you'll get a quality kit for about half the price.

.colin
01-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Don't cheap out on suspension parts. If you buy cheap shit you're just going to have to buy a replacement when it breaks. Do it right the first time.

xx_civic_si_xx
01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
hey if you do end up buying it lmk how it works out cuz im thinking of getting it too ;)

j0000stin
01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
i ran em. they were ok. i would rather get skunk2 or the ingalls. theyre worth the money and the spc for the front are only like 45 bucks

b_ron
01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
i was in the same position when i was shopping around for camber kits.

i ended up just spending 50 bucks more to get some rear ingalls (its been ok not having front camber kits)

i'd say just save up more. its not that much of a price difference if you think about other car parts