PDA

View Full Version : jrsc street upgrade

ephatchback
01-18-2012, 11:41 PM
i just bought a jrsc street kit...i know its safe to run the 4in pully w stock injectors and stock ecu..the question i have is can i run a 3.8ths pully w 440 injectors with our stock ecu, or will it explode? the reason im asking is it seems logical that if our ecu can handle 5psi completly stock i would think another 3psi wouldnt be a problem..especially with the 440s just to make sure..obviously i cant afford hondata right now(or in the near future) or i wouldnt be asking lol..if anyone has any first hand knowledge theyd like to drop id really appreciate it..i know that 5psi is gunna be really fun, but its gunna get real tempting to throw that 3.8 pully on there once i get used to the power..thanks -joep

makavelibranded
01-19-2012, 12:30 AM
Well you have to have something to tune it, you dont have a powercard? If you cant affor kpro and a tune you probably cant afford a blown engine.

AKEP
01-19-2012, 01:29 AM
sell it, go turbo.

ephatchback
01-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Well you have to have something to tune it, you dont have a powercard? If you cant affor kpro and a tune you probably cant afford a blown engine.

what is a powercard? is that something that comes with the street kit? i bought the full jrsc-s kit from a fellow ephatch member with the 4in 3.8in and 3in pullys and some 440 injectors..ive never heard of a powercard until now..im just wondering what our stock ecu is capable of?thanks- joep

gtecd20
01-19-2012, 03:35 PM
the power card is a very small box it says power card in it has some wire that you have to connect into the ECU to adjust for the 91 octane and give it more fuel if you didnt get it then you didnt get the complete kit :(
here is the link to one
http://ecommerce.mossmotors.com/p/supercharger/honda-civic/powercard-fuel-injection-controller/982-000-M
good luck

ephatchback
01-19-2012, 03:43 PM
i bought the kit used and the guy i bought it from didnt get the powercard since he had kpro..so i cant even use the kit untill i buy a powercard? i called jr and the 1st gen powercard is over 500 bucks..does anyone know if the new powercard that only cost 125 bucks will work with the 1st gen jrsc-s kit? im waiting on jrsc's tech dept to call me back atm..this sucks..i thought the street kit didnt need any kind of fuel mngmnt, piggyback or otherwise..im glad i started reading about all this shit before i stuck that kit on my car without the powercard..thanks- joep

willy_akino
01-19-2012, 04:35 PM
get kpro, you cant tune with a powercard

ephatchback
01-19-2012, 05:27 PM
thanks guys..ive been resarching the hell out of this..im anxious to get this sc rollin finally..i called around and got the answers i needed..thanks -joep

gtecd20
01-19-2012, 05:36 PM
another 1k not worth it on a street kit unless you upgrade to a race kit go Kpro if not its not worth it

klik
01-19-2012, 08:14 PM
another 1k not worth it on a street kit unless you upgrade to a race kit go Kpro if not its not worth it

wuzzup men, hows your jrsc s? Gtec is right dont pay 500 for a powercard 400 more you can get kpro and make that jrsc s to a race kit. Since you already have the injectors and pulleys kpro is the only thing you need now.

gtecd20
01-20-2012, 09:20 AM
yOOO its good im going to install it this weekend i downloaded the instructions on how to do it but should be on by sunday already been putting 91 in my car and got a new gasket wasnt able to get the hondata but might grab it later down the road