PDA

View Full Version : any videos on SC install

gtecd20
01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
so i got a jackson street kit and was wondering if there are any vids on the installation ive read the instructions seems ok but always like to watch a video on this

thanks

AKEP
01-19-2012, 09:30 PM
sign in to ebay. place sc for sale.

jk.

separate throttle body, take off manifold.
Put on charger without the pulley, install pulley, belt, and tb.

thats pretty much it. the throttle body probably takes the longest because of the coolant lines really.

we had to dremmel the corner of the pulley thing on the left to make a little clearance for the sc to scoot over, just to get bolts in. some need it, some dont.

don't touch the bypass valve.

might have to take the core support off, its like 3 bolts, 2 on the side on top and one center bottom. if you take it off just move it to the side, leave the hood latch connected.

pretty straight forward, basically take off manifold, install new one.

Ba82Ep3
01-19-2012, 11:19 PM
:yeahthat:

Its pretty much removing an intake manifold, and installing another.

If you have fitment issues with the charger clearing the hunk of aluminum on the left near the idler pulley... remove the IM two head studs youre trying to get the SC mani on (double nut method)... hold the SC mani in place with the gasket and have a friend partially thread an IM bolt into two of the upper holes. :thumbu:

gtecd20
01-20-2012, 09:17 AM
i guess im overthinking it just never done this so little nervous but the only thing that worries me are the wires to the ecu