PDA

View Full Version : what to expect?

icee753
01-23-2012, 11:28 AM
ok so i have a 02 civic si hopefully i will be getting it tuned soon. just waiting on the funds for kpro but im wondering what kinda numbers to expect to put to the ground? ill list my mods let me know what you think and thanks!

k20a3 engine
skunk2 turbo1 cams
stock valve springs
new timing chain/tensioner
440 injectors
act stage 1 clutch lightweight flywheel
t3/t4 turbonetics turbo 9psi
2.5 inch intercooler piping
full 3 inch exhuast
3 inch downpipe
kpro (coming soon)

icee753
01-23-2012, 04:16 PM
does anyone have a similar set up thats got it tuned?

AKEP
01-24-2012, 05:32 AM
um. im guessing 110 and it shuts down on the dyno because the block explodes.

you cant run other than stock injectors without kpro.
you cant tune the stock ecu (without kpro).
the stock ecu doesn't know what to do once it goes into boost, besides dump fuel to save you from blowing up.
everything else as far as turbo is concerned means nothing until you get a means of actually controlling it.

If i were you, i'd wait until you got the kpro in before you throw it on the dyno. your tuner, if he's worth anything, wont let you on his dyno until then either, i hope.

btw i dont think 440's will be enough to run 9psi. im almost maxed out on 570's at 8psi. we don't have a return style fuel system so our duty cycle goes through the roof, compared to our b-series cousins.

icee753
01-24-2012, 01:36 PM
Well I've got a reflash from hondata on my stock Ecu so it is reprogramable and my car is only running on about 3 psi till it getaway tunned what numbers do you have?

Ba82Ep3
01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
In... because i have a spare block i can sell you...

Blah1219
01-24-2012, 03:11 PM
In... because i have a spare block i can sell you...

haha wow try making customers for their stupid decisions.

Well I've got a reflash from hondata on my stock Ecu so it is reprogramable and my car is only running on about 3 psi till it getaway tunned what numbers do you have?

Hondata reflash is not a programmable. It's a fixed tune. You're shit is going to run super lean and detonate like C4 on steroids.

Ba82Ep3
01-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah... sarcasm doesnt come across in type too well... :P

AKEP
01-24-2012, 04:06 PM
im at 300hp on a k24a2 @ 8psi that i tuned myself. unless you want to have a reason to put in a new motor, don't run it until you get kpro. tell your hondata dealer that you have reflash, it should take $100 off the kpro price tag for you.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
01-24-2012, 07:03 PM
in for pics

icee753
01-25-2012, 07:32 AM
well im just wondering what numbers people made im not gonna through my car on a dyno or race it befor k pro and im only running about 3psi like i said i don't think it should be running lean? im not trying to come off as a smart ass just asking for info and especially if i only hit psi once to make sure it wasnt set to high.. and i know a re flash isn't reprogrammable but a stock ecu can be re flashed i had it re flashed for my jacksonracing supercharger. and i was just wondering numbers for with someone with a similar set up? im not gonna blow up my engine i drive it about 8 miles a week and thats it, what brand would you guys recommend for a wide band?

icee753
01-25-2012, 07:33 AM
and also what size of turbo do you have on you set up? and whats your elevation?

Ba82Ep3
01-25-2012, 12:02 PM
You primary o2 sensor IS a wideband... if you had KPro you would be able to see your AFR's.

AKEP
01-25-2012, 01:51 PM
well im just wondering what numbers people made im not gonna through my car on a dyno or race it befor k pro and im only running about 3psi like i said i don't think it should be running lean? im not trying to come off as a smart ass just asking for info and especially if i only hit psi once to make sure it wasnt set to high.. and i know a re flash isn't reprogrammable but a stock ecu can be re flashed i had it re flashed for my jacksonracing supercharger. and i was just wondering numbers for with someone with a similar set up? im not gonna blow up my engine i drive it about 8 miles a week and thats it, what brand would you guys recommend for a wide band?

and also what size of turbo do you have on you set up? and whats your elevation?

You primary o2 sensor IS a wideband... if you had KPro you would be able to see your AFR's.

The stock ecu, and assuming reflash isn't tuned above atmospheric. because on a normal ep3 you wont ever see positive MAP unless you're blown or boosted. thats why the reflash doesn't work. if you're using a kpro chip to flash a pre pined ecu, you're shorting yourself of the capabilities of kpro, like datalogging and being able to look at your sensors incase you need to. if something were to happen while you're boosted, you should really know what to look for and be able to monitor it from kpro if you need to. its a very useful dianostic tool as well as a tool to tune your vehicle.

so dd'ing a few miles, while not boosting, should be fine. but without a way to monitor your fuel either through kpro or an actual wideband, i highly suggest not boosting, or driving until you get a means of monitoring it.

me and my tuner use innovate motorsports widebands, which uses the same volkwagen/aem UEGO wideband (including Porche) and seems to be the universal wideband to use. you can find the actual sensor on amazon for $30-$50 new, or buy it with a permanent install kit. I chose innovate because i was able to purchase the different sections of the install kit, as i already had the LC-1(like $150) and wideband($50), i bought the gauge later on to make it complete for $80 more. its nice too because if you burn out your wideband or the wires catch and rip or whtever, they are cheaper than Honda widebands (over $100-$200 each, which you could burn out if you drive without a tune.).

check out my signature, it has links to turbo 101 and i also have a boost calculator in there that you can use to gauge your power.

and to answer your question, im on an ebay t3/t4, also in my signature (the words are actually links).

icee753
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
well im gonna do my best to drive it but with to jobs any my only car i got to it was reflashed for a jackson racing supercharger with 9psi so i think ill be ok just until income tax haha

AKEP
02-01-2012, 05:02 AM
not the same but yeah, gotta do what you gotta do.

Popeye
02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
If you KNOW it's not reprogrammable, why did you SAY it was reprogrammable? Kinda confusing me here.
I would listen to what these guys are telling you. Both AKEP AND Ba82ep3 know their shit. I dont know anywhere NEAR as much, and dont have a turno on my car, and even I know that if you are driving your car without ALL of the correct parts (i.e. correct injectors, no tune, no KPro, reflash for a supercharger, etc.), you are just biding your time before you blow your car up. I mean seriously, why buy your car, spend all of the money on the parts you've purchased for your car, all to not finish it off with the last, and most IMPORTANT part?
I'm sorry, I know I'm gonna catch shit for this, but Im honestly just trying to keep you from blowing your shit up.
If you wouldnt throw your car on a dyno because you dont have KPro, why would you throw it on the road?

AKEP
02-04-2012, 06:44 PM
i think the reflashed ecu's have kpro pins on them. not 100%. so you could upload flashes to them, but its not tuneable. hard to explain if you've never seen it.

Ba82Ep3
02-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Youre talking about the breadboard pins that are soldered into the ECU mainboard? I think youre right... its been a while since ive seen a 'chipped' k ECU. I had k100 years ago when it was still available... but i dont remember if the same pin rack was used or not... and the support was nothing like FlashPro is now... but the idea is the same.

AKEP
02-04-2012, 10:53 PM
yeah that. you can pull the kpro daughter-board off and pass the ecu off as a "flashed" one. pretty sure thats how the reflash works. and those kswap ecu's that one dude is selling. somewhere on the internet.

icee753
02-06-2012, 10:33 AM
have you ever ran your car with 300 hp? if so what was your trap? and time?