PDA

View Full Version : Bilstein Sport Struts/shocks for EP3 and which springs to use with them

turkish
01-24-2012, 03:49 PM
I was looking into bilsteins struts for the ep3 but can't find much info. Which springs would I use with these? I'm do i have to be cafe which springs i pair them up with? What about the top mount? Are you suppose to transfer over the top mount from struts/shocks?

I had the mugen ss and was happy with the height but the suspension was still to soft. Looking for about 1.5" drop max and hoping the bilstein with some good springs will eliminate body roll.

nowhales
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
koni yellows + ground control coilover sleeves.

SkareKrow
01-24-2012, 05:00 PM
The best setup is Bilstein Struts/Shocks with H&R Springs. Best ride.ever! :smile:

nowhales
01-24-2012, 05:28 PM
The best setup is Bilstein Struts/Shocks with H&R Springs. Best ride.ever! :smile:

H&R's are roughly a 2in drop. he's looking for 1.5 not to mention 2 in drop isn't recommended for performance for our cars

SkareKrow
01-24-2012, 05:54 PM
H&R's are roughly a 2in drop. he's looking for 1.5 not to mention 2 in drop isn't recommended for performance for our cars

I feel you. But thw Billstein site recommends them as well as as the h&r site recommends vice versa. What Ive seen last time.

turkish
01-25-2012, 01:34 PM
yeah, 2in drop is too much for me. I'm looking at bilstein/eibach or bilstein/spoon. I liked the height of the mugen ss but the springs were just too soft - still had a lot of body roll. I'm looking for a setup that will be stiffer then the mugen ss kit, no necessarily lower. I want to stay away from adjustable kits. Are the bilstein shocks stiffer then the mugen, probably right? I'd be happy with 1.4in drop but do what it somewhat stiff, not soft like the mugen. Let me what you guys think.

The stiffest springs I found were eibach and spoon sports. Are there any other spring options that are as stiff or more?