PDA

View Full Version : Injen SRI or AEM SRI, opinions please!

ForeverSurpa
01-25-2012, 09:21 AM
$30 price difference for the Injen and the AEM is $170.

Which should I go with? And can you give me a reason why I should go with one over the other?

RHCP0801
01-25-2012, 10:05 AM
none

get an injen cai

ForeverSupra
01-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Rain + CAI equals disaster. I live in Florida and it rains on and off. [AND DAMN! I spelled Supra wrong, thats why I made this new screen name.] Who can I talk to about removing an account?

RHCP0801
01-25-2012, 12:10 PM
give me a break, I have had a cai on for years and never had a problem. If you are smart and avoid puddles you won't have a problem. The only way it will hydrolock is if the whole filter is submerged. Grow some balls and get a cai

ForeverSupra
01-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey, how about a big FUCK YOU. Grow balls? Lol.

MY thread is asking about SRI not a CAI.

Dont come here bashing my work when you dont even live here nor do you know the circumstances of storms and the areas that get filled with water; like my job.

The guy who works at the shop next to me hydro locked his k20a because his CAI, I'll pass on that.

ANYWAYS, can someone help out?

AKAahlecks
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
I heard a lot of good things about the AEM v2 SRI

ForeverSupra
01-25-2012, 04:30 PM
I went with aem but I couldn't find version 2. Thanks for the input mate.

Popeye
01-27-2012, 08:32 PM
$200 for the Injen sri? Do you shop at all? I can find them for $170-$175 all day.

T_Virus
01-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Choose none...if it is a sri only, then go ebay...you'll save more $ and you won't notice a huge difference between all the other sri...

whatsvtec
01-28-2012, 05:31 PM
A box style SRI is the best option for a "short" intake. For anyone else scared of CAI and hydrolock, Injen makes a product called a hydroshield, much like a pre-filter.
However, I love my comptech Ice-Box :mbiggrin:

T_Virus
01-28-2012, 06:41 PM
A box style SRI is the best option for a "short" intake. For anyone else scared of CAI and hydrolock, Injen makes a product called a hydroshield, much like a pre-filter.
However, I love my comptech Ice-Box :mbiggrin:

Ice box > sri

AKEP
01-29-2012, 08:48 AM
Hey, how about a big FUCK YOU. Grow balls? Lol.

Dont come here bashing my work

LOL

and what work? this has probably been asked a zillion times, at least once a week. you want a new name brand SRI? pick one. its SRI, gunna suck up all that hot ass air under the hood. makes a little bit of noise. i don't even think any of the name brand SRI's go over 2.75" diameter the AEM V2 has an outer diameter of whatever, 3" or so, but it still has internal piping of 2.something. ebay ones go 3" all day long.

either way, you shouldn't be driving your car INTO any flooding regardless, intake or not. I know florida rain/hurricane season is pretty rough, but seriously you'd need to drop the entire pipe opening into some solid water to hydrolock. the little bit of water that does splash on the filter or seep through from tires if you remove your wheel well, wont hurt anything.

dont do what this guy does - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3gFi1rabKA - thats how you hydro lock.

and jesus fuck, don't do this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OshkPE0vrbI&feature=related

Popeye
02-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Not that I would purposely drive into huge ass puddles like that, but what if the dude had a car to his left and couldnt help but to drive through big ass puddles like that?
I just don't think the extra couple of hp is worth having to watch where I have to drive.
Also, doesn't Injen's sri have 3.5" piping? That's what they're advertising at least.

Jmage
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
In 90% of the case you buy a SRI for the sound AND the look under your hood. I bought myself the AEM V2 because it was the "Best" and I really like how it looks. Not like I dynoed my car after installing this part nor did I notice any gain.

In the end it's only a metal piping that "amplify" your engine noise, kinda. So it's really up too you what you choose.

If you're searching for HP gain then the CAI is the right choice, but you asked about SRI.

AKEP
02-03-2012, 03:23 AM
basically. yeah. sri does nothing but add sound in my butt dyno, even the v2 seems worthless. tunes are night and day though.