PDA

View Full Version : Failed emissions AGAIN?!

Kerby
01-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Check this one out:

I first cleared all codes.
I reset readiness on KPro.
I drove the fricken over an hour and went to Advanced Auto and borrowed and OBII reader and everything checked out. No codes. It even read READY. That was two weeks ago.
I never drove the car till today. I got to get it emissions and it failed.

OBD Results - pass
Connector status - pass
MIL engine off - pass
Comm Status - pass
mIL Commanded on - pass

Reason why it fail: P0134 o2 sensor circuit no activity detected on bank 1.

Funny thing though. On my readiness monitors both oxygen sensor and oxygen sensor heated indicate READY.

What can I do guys? Please help me out.

mitchlikesbikes
01-25-2012, 04:09 PM
hold the emissions tech at gunpoint til he passes your car!:smokin:

nowhales
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
:mwink:if you can find the right hookups, a little bit more cash can pass you:mwink:

Kerby
01-25-2012, 04:39 PM
I kinda wanna fix a problem if there is any. I just don't understand why if the monitor status for the o2 sensor indicAte ready, then why would a DTC show no activity on the primary o2.

Kerby
01-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Should I order and install a new primary sensor and re check it? I'm out of ideas on how to fix this.

Tnhatch03
01-25-2012, 06:26 PM
have the laptop with you at the emissions place. as you are pulling up... reset the codes and do the readiness check. maybe that will help.

Kerby
01-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Here's a questions for you guys....

If I'm registering a P0134, then why isn't my CEL lit up?
I will say this, my car idled okay... now it idles like CRAP.

AKEP
01-27-2012, 01:51 AM
o2 sensor is either disconnected or took a poop. it idles like poop because its running of the unmodified fuel map without adjustments. its probably not lit cause you cleared it or it hasn't set readiness yet. once readiness would have been achieved, it will trip the light.

Kerby
01-27-2012, 10:03 AM
well this weekend I'm going to Advanced auto and getting the BOSCH primary O2.
I'll clear AGAIN the DTC and set readiness. I'll drive the piss outta the car.... take if for a hour drive and check codes before I go to emissions.

MugenReplica
01-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Oddly enough, I haven't passed inspection on either of my Ep's in almost a year. Need to unrust my AEM o2 in the one and change the header over to allow a secondary o2 in the other. I just put the temp tag up in the window and drive. Nobody bothers me. Eh, I guess I just drive safe and drive clean, so I'm not a target. I do have to get them done though, but I hate NYS emissions inspections. I'm starting to think we're well on our way to being the next CA.

AKEP
01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
teh safety inspection part makes me think its worse in nys than ca. lol

nowhales
01-27-2012, 08:28 PM
teh safety inspection part makes me think its worse in nys than ca. lol

and you are probably right, a buddy of mine recently went in for inspection and the inspector said" you'vegot a few things wrong, but hey don't we all?" passed him.....

o2ep3
01-28-2012, 08:06 AM
so now im questioning if im gunna pass. i have a race header on and im gunna get kpro soon. will i be able to set something so i can pass?

gamma6
01-28-2012, 12:26 PM
so now im questioning if im gunna pass. i have a race header on and im gunna get kpro soon. will i be able to set something so i can pass?

Doubt it cuz wih the rh ur eliminating one of the important pieces to the exhaust system, the cat which helps with emmisions

well this weekend I'm going to Advanced auto and getting the BOSCH primary O2.
I'll clear AGAIN the DTC and set readiness. I'll drive the piss outta the car.... take if for a hour drive and check codes before I go to emissions.

Sounds like a good idea since u said it idled ine then like crap, oddly enough perhaps it finnaly took a dump while ur were at the inspection, but i dont get why it doesnt throw the cel on

o2ep3
01-29-2012, 06:17 AM
they dont check the exhaust i thought i never seen them do it. pretty sure they just plug it in. so if i had kpro i could fix that.

o2ep3
01-29-2012, 06:20 AM
I live in CT so its prob different in other states

AKEP
01-29-2012, 08:29 AM
yeah, ak is visual for obd-2 - look for can and 2 o2 sensors, plug in dongle. chech CEL for function. done.
ca - dongle, sniffer, gas cap check, look over engine for anything fishy, mini dyno run @ 2 different loads, throw dice, Yahtzee.
a few states on east coast, above plus function check on all safety devices, lights, and other misc things.