PDA

View Full Version : Advice on suspension

rans0m00
01-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Finally the shocks have blown so its time to replace. I am making a new post since using the search comes up with plenty of old results and wanting current. My ep is an 02 and I am thinking of going with megan coilovers(http://www.meganracingperformance.com/2002-2005-honda-civic-street-series-coilovers-megan-racing-cdk-hc02si-p-60563.html). Any other options I should consider or just praise or horror stories? My budget is sub 1k and this is my daily driver.

newep
01-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Aspec kit! quick easy and amazing for a daily driver.

iDom
01-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Here's a write up if you'd like to know more about the A-Spec kit on your EP3

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?59257-DIY-A-Spec-Suspension-on-ep3

Check it out and see if it's right for you.

rans0m00
01-26-2012, 04:32 PM
When I get back home I'll check out the a-spec review.

rans0m00
01-26-2012, 05:50 PM
So am looking over the aspec link and maybe I am lost... when refering to aspec this is the rsx aspec suspension? So when comparing prices etc I can just estore them? And if so I am finding nothing... not even on ebay atm.

AKEP
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
yeah, you put in the part numbers you want to acuraoemparts.com or go to the dealership and have them order you up a set. then you just swap out your shocks as one piece like you would for coilovers

rans0m00
01-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Called Acura and can't get it through the dealership since it has been discontinued... So it looks like that leaves ebay or at other setups... I was hoping to get this done next weekend so ebay is probably out. So back to looking at coilovers. Shame since except the bushing the aspec looked very promising.

rans0m00
02-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I ended up going with koni yellows and eibach pro springs... I am sure I screwed up somewhere on the rear because the front is perfect height and the rear the rubber is almost touching the lip. I didn't do the labor on the rears so unsure exactly what has happened back there but I do know there was different places to put the spring perch and we ended up deciding on using the stock location for the ring.... I am guessing we were wrong but really not trying to tear it apart again today. If anyone else has run this combo and had a similar issue please let me know or just know the most likely answer I would love some feedback before I go trial and error.

For an extra kick in the junk the aspec was really looking like what I wanted.... after install yesterday I came across a link that had them for sale... I cursed life and went back to trying to figure out why my rear is so low without taking it apart again.

Drew1d
02-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Make sure you have the correct kit on the car. Some kits will fit but have the wrong springrates.

rans0m00
02-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Well we decided on the stock spring perch and I got under there and looked and he ended up putting it on the lower one... So back apart to raise it up... Guess I should have looked before I opened my mouth.

Have checked and the correct kit was purchased.