PDA

View Full Version : AC Trouble

SEK_90
01-27-2012, 09:32 AM
So here's the deal. My AC went bad on me a couple months ago and just stopped blowing cold air, I replaced the blown condenser fan fuse and within a week it blew again. Then right after I put a new fuse in it blew automatically. I took it to pep boys and they said there are no electrical problems but that my compressor and condenser fan went bad. They recommended me to buy a Compresser, Drier, and Condenser Fan. Im willing to buy these parts but the one thing that im iffy about is that my heater still works, could this be possible with pep boys telling me that my compressor is bad? Im willing to buy the parts but i dont want to get ripped off. Thank you in advance for anyone who replies.

shusi
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm in on this thread. My A/C has went out on me for some years now but was able to run with heat just fine. Recently, late last year, my a/c pulley became loose and off set the entire rotation of my belt for the engine. It made this really nasty grinding noise. My car actually died on my after seeing some smoke one day. Luckily, I was near a big parking lot and left it there. I just purchased a smaller belt to go around everything but the a/c pulley but want to get that piece fixed asap.