PDA

View Full Version : Someone jacked my Si badge with a screwdriver so now I'm looking to get a CF grille

Reaper27
01-30-2012, 04:45 PM
So just like what my long title says some asshole took a screwdriver or something like it and snapped of my Si badge and took a chunk out of the grille too. Their probably going to superglue it on some piece of shit and think they're bad ass or something but anyways, i've always been interested in getting a CF grille but never was able to really find one for sale. I've looked at all the major companies (VIZ, Seibon, etc) but no luck. Now that I have a legit reason to spend the money i'm wondering where I can get one? Can you guys point me in the right direction?

Tnhatch03
01-30-2012, 04:59 PM
check the vendor section. :-)

tinman5
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Same thing happened to me. I ended up getting the Ebay badgeless grill. I considered a Mugen rep, but aside from fitment issues, it also would need a badge that will probably end up getting stolen as well.

Thats the main reason i got away from Honda's and quite frankly am still wary of. Dumbass kids still dont know how to act.

Reaper27
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
I looked at all the vendors and wasn't able to find any grille, they just had JDM radiator ducts and things like that but since I don't have a JDM front end I can't use them. I found a grille of the Vis site but it is baseless and I want to keep my H's so that's not going to work. I really wouldn't think that I would be this hard to find a either reg or mugen CF grille ha

mitchlikesbikes
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
Same thing happened to me. I ended up getting the Ebay badgeless grill. I considered a Mugen rep, but aside from fitment issues, it also would need a badge that will probably end up getting stolen as well.

Thats the main reason i got away from Honda's and quite frankly am still wary of. Dumbass kids still dont know how to act.

i've been contemplating a badgeless grill for a while. not because of thiefs but just because i think it would look good

NEO_FOLLOWER2
01-30-2012, 09:34 PM
i took off my si emblems because of this...

i have a piece of mind knowing that most people will just think my car is a honda fit =D

and partly because i think it looks better without the si emblems

i would buy red jdm H but...they'll just cost money and get stolen

you cant have a nice honda and not have a garage or even drive it daily if you live in a bad city

Reaper27
01-31-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm not really concerned with the actual Si bage but since it jacked up my grille I would like to replace it and I want to keep my H badge. I really find it hard to believe that we have the one model of civic that doesn't have a CF grille that also has a spot for the H. Does anyone know where to get one?

tinman5
01-31-2012, 10:07 AM
ShowStoppers.
I think page 3 or so they offer both the fiberglass ($100), and the carbon fiber Mugen rep ($199) for the US bumper. Uess i saw completely wrong, but i am pretty sure thats what I read in the item description.

Reaper27
01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks, I didn't see it on their site at first. My only question about it is will the CF grille fit on the 04-05 ep? The fiberglass grille they have only fits on an 02-03 but the CF says it's for 02-up. I'm not sure how this is possible since the grilles are different for both models. Anyone used this grille before?

tinman5
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
I was not aware the grills were any different. I have an 03 myself and am considering the fiberglass grill myself. (on some level at least...)

MattG80
01-31-2012, 10:06 PM
There was a conversation about this somewhere on here but basically the 04 and 05 look very different from the 02 and 03. The 05 has this removable piece where you put the H. Looks good with and without it. If I remember right chuck said to specify what year you have so they can send you the right one. Just give em a call. Great people to talk to. I just got a mugen rep wing from them. Nothin bad to say about em.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Reaper27
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Ok awesome, I'll give them a call toward the end of the week and see whats up with it