PDA

View Full Version : Exclusivity?

ChapSchtick
01-04-2003, 11:35 PM
Just an inquiry into history. I think I know quite a bit about Honda in general but this site, and others, teaches me more everyday. Something dawned on me today however about our beloved EP. True or false, is this model Si the only Honda hatchback in it's history to not share another model? By that I mean, as far as I can remember, everytime Honda has released the Si hatchback, they also had them in a DX or LX model or something or other. This time 'round however there is no DX or any other model hatch but the Si.

Kinda cool I think. Just thoughts and questions I guess.

mrfixit687
01-05-2003, 02:13 AM
in us yes, but in europe no =[

Suk02Si
01-05-2003, 04:15 AM
yeah I think it's Germany that has a five door deisel version

IceD out N CALI
01-05-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
in us yes, but in europe no =[

exactly, unless honda decides to offer the lx or dx in this hatch design which is highly unlikely:)

BarracksSi
01-05-2003, 10:14 AM
They have the 5-door model in the UK, too. If I was quicker with my camera, I'd have some pics to show.

I like having the only hatch model, though. But, I've noticed that if I'm chatting with someone overseas who's not into our cars, they're not impressed at all -- they think, "Oh yeah, that little Civic..."

Type X
01-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI

exactly, unless honda decides to offer the lx or dx in this hatch design which is highly unlikely:)

i think the price was the killer of the new si

if they had the sticker STARTING at 16.500 in the first place the car would be a value instead of a Underpowered yadda yadda
ya know?

i mean for 19,000 i wouldn't have bought my car

ChapSchtick
01-05-2003, 11:25 AM
Good point there X. THey had them all stickered too high. Now if SCC mag had done a comparison of all performance models under $17K, we would have dominated and the car woulda sold like hotcakes!

I love the Si, and I am glad to see her back in hatch form.

IceD out N CALI
01-05-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Type X

i think the price was the killer of the new si

if they had the sticker STARTING at 16.500 in the first place the car would be a value instead of a Underpowered yadda yadda
ya know?

i mean for 19,000 i wouldn't have bought my car

I agree-the high sticker was a turn off (especially in recession). honda took a chance and failed. MSRP should have been 16900:)

smokincivic
01-05-2003, 12:43 PM
I hope they do offer this hatch style with a very week engine and call it a DX or something, then I can debadge and throw on a few DX emblems and have a sweet sleeper

chakra71
01-05-2003, 08:53 PM
the ep is allready a sleeper. Everyone i've talked to about the car thinks it's slow as hell, then they see on the streets or the track. It drives better than the numbers that people see.

Tho i would probably swap badges to DX if they had one in hatch form. Keep the thieves away. I know a few people with older civic dx chasis and swapped in an H22. now that's a sleeper for sure. ;)

redlineracing
01-05-2003, 09:23 PM
I paid 14,500 for my ep and I am SOOOOOO glad I did get rid of my POS GTI and I have problem with it losing to the very same POS that I traded in for it in SCC.