PDA

View Full Version : jrsc street kit belt size with no ac

ephatchback
01-30-2012, 10:08 PM
i just installed my 1st gen jrsc and when i was putting my belt on i realised the ac pully was stuck..it wont budge..im guessing the pully bearings are out..i then grabbed the belt i pulled off my car during the install and realised whoever i bought the car from 3 months ago put a smaller belt on the car and bypassed the ac altogether..now i have 2 belts that are waaaay to big to install into my car and i have no idea what size belt to buy to bypass the ac with the 4inch jr pully on the blower/stock crank pully..anyone else ever bypass theyre ac? its real cold this timer of year in colorado and i really need to get my car drivable ac or not..if anyone could lead me in the right direction on what size belt i need to bypass my ac pully it would be much appreciated.once i repair the ac pully bearing i have the belt i need..right now i need to get this car out of my friends driveway lol..btw the install was a snap..alot easier than i though it would be...i just wish i could drive the damn thing...thanks- joep

05 hatch
01-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Your ac compressor probably went out like everybody else's. I ran a 62" on a 3.8" pulley with ac. Get a string and go around the pulleys then measure that thing.

ephatchback
01-30-2012, 11:26 PM
damn i never thought of that..thanks..what about the auto tensioner? should i shave a 1/16th off that measurement so the tensioner is tight enough to keep the belt from slipping? -joep

MugenReplica
01-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Your ac compressor probably went out like everybody else's. I ran a 62" on a 3.8" pulley with ac. Get a string and go around the pulleys then measure that thing.

100% agreed. Also look for old threads from Theta. He owned a Ep3R in the Netherlands and was running a JRSC without A/C for quite a while.

05 hatch
01-31-2012, 12:31 PM
I ran the auto tensioner as well.

ephatchback
01-31-2012, 11:18 PM
thanks guys..-joep

ephatchback
02-01-2012, 08:02 PM
ok the sc is installed, but...at part throttle there a couple spots where the power bogs a bit..when im at wot its fine, but when im cruising at half throttl i feel it drastically..also, the 2 small hoses coming from the sc mani throttle body..i cant find in the instrustions where they go or even pics of what they are.are those the purge valve hoses? theyre the smallest ones, sorry i dont have a pic..thanks- joep