PDA

View Full Version : tire is hitting the top of the wheel well

jaymoneyyy
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
My rear tires are hitting the top of the wheel well on turns.. is this because of bad shocks?

sbeasley
01-31-2012, 03:31 PM
I installed lowering springs, after a month they settled in nice. I also started to hear rubbing in rear on turns, turned out it was the fender well material was a little low. I pushed it up and have'nt rubbed again.

Check that, and if that is not the problem, post your set up and mods so people can help.

Steve

PatrickJamesYu
01-31-2012, 05:13 PM
Wheel size/ width/ offest
Tire size
Camber spec
Suspension
height

jaymoneyyy
01-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Wheel size/ width/ offest
Tire size
Camber spec
Suspension
height

Not sure about the wheel specs but there bronze rotas 16"
I just put ingalls camber kit to straighten out the camber but it seems like that's the problem..
Im on tokico blues with unknown springs
And id say a 3 inch drop in the rear

jaymoneyyy
01-31-2012, 06:34 PM
I installed lowering springs, after a month they settled in nice. I also started to hear rubbing in rear on turns, turned out it was the fender well material was a little low. I pushed it up and have'nt rubbed again.

Check that, and if that is not the problem, post your set up and mods so people can help.

Steve

I checked to see if that was the problem and it turns out it wasn't.. but thanks steve

whatsvtec
01-31-2012, 06:52 PM
Adjust one of the following to fit. Offset/Tire Size/Camber.

It sounds like camber adjustment might be a good free option, or tire size next.

G-MaC!
01-31-2012, 08:31 PM
And id say a 3 inch drop in the rear

...Well that's why haha. If you wanna be hella low, get some hella camber. And hella more tires.

jaymoneyyy
02-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Adjust one of the following to fit. Offset/Tire Size/Camber.

It sounds like camber adjustment might be a good free option, or tire size next.

So I need to keep them butterfly? I got the camber kit so I can straighten out the camber, it hits when the camber is straight.. this is what has me confused.

G-MaC!
02-01-2012, 05:59 PM
So I need to keep them butterfly? I got the camber kit so I can straighten out the camber, it hits when the camber is straight.. this is what has me confused.

With a three inch drop you will need negative camber regardless, unless you have like 14 inch wheels.

whatsvtec
02-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, you're going so low that you need camber for clearance.