PDA

View Full Version : Just Supercharged my EP3 need some nice Gauges

gtecd20
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
ok so i just upgraded and now i need some nice boost gauges but dont know of a good brand or some nice ones

any suggestions???
i am looking for some that kind of have tha dark black smoke to them idk if gettting the 3 pod thing for the side or just put them on the dash??

thanks for the input

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
if i were u i would get good gauges the first time, also i would put them in the second din im not using with my radio. I hate when ppl have them on the a-pillar. just my .02

charles
01-31-2012, 07:06 PM
if i were u i would get good gauges

lol. great advice. Here is my advice, dont get bad gauges.

mitchlikesbikes
01-31-2012, 07:09 PM
do a dual steering column setup like talon had. pillar guages=rice

not sure on what brand to get, but you most likely get what you pay for. don't go cheap

Guardian
01-31-2012, 07:22 PM
check out pro sport gauges, i used to have a ati dual column gauge pod

AKEP
01-31-2012, 08:05 PM
check out pro sport gauges, i used to have a ati dual column gauge pod

this is what i have. a bit pricey but they're adjustable kinda, and they don't look like shit compared to a-pillar gauges. all you really need is a boost gauge and an AFR guage.

Don't drop them.

i got innovate gauges, they look very similar to oem gages. white face with red/orange glow just like stock.

gtecd20
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
yea not a big fan of the a pillar ones thats so 2000 but i want some that if i ever sell the car i can remove to make it look stock again
ill check out Pro Sport the only place i have seen some are on ebay and on glow shift when i bought the SC the KIKI gave me a single middle steering wheel mount but not a big fan of that

civictype_r04
02-01-2012, 02:50 PM
do a dual steering column setup like talon had. pillar guages=rice

not sure on what brand to get, but you most likely get what you pay for. don't go cheap

They really are not rice if they are useful gauges that mean something.. Also with them there its in you line of site.

mitchlikesbikes
02-01-2012, 03:41 PM
They really are not rice if they are useful gauges that mean something.. Also with them there its in you line of site.

yeah i mean as long as they're useful it's justified. but i think there's just too many other cool places you can put them where they're still easy to see.

obviously it's all about what you like though:msmile:

RHCP0801
02-01-2012, 04:00 PM
I would rather hide them, I like when people place them next to the shifter. The sleeper look is what I like, not 3 glowing gauges where anyone can see them, including cops and thieves, it's just like telling thieves I have something under the hood that you really want

nowhales
02-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I would rather hide them, I like when people place them next to the shifter. The sleeper look is what I like, not 3 glowing gauges where anyone can see them, including cops and thieves, it's just like telling thieves I have something under the hood that you really want

i agree, wire them up but make a console in the glovebox and hide it in there. no one needs to know what your running, lol. i personally would just have the gauges for tuning purposes

Powers
02-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Personally I'm planning on getting the 3 a pillar gauge pods (laugh all you want I like them and theres going to be useful gauges not a clock). Im thinking of going with glow shift I read reviews on them and I havent seen any bad ones. Eventually Ill have more then just the a pillar gauges...I'm obsessed with being able to monitor every single thing that is going on in my car.

klik
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
U already installed it men. You dont want to use the one i gave you?

differentK
02-02-2012, 07:42 AM
single mounted boost gauge where your hazard switch is. call it a day

Slip_Angle
02-02-2012, 10:38 PM
Get a Tunerview II. All your gauges in one...

gtecd20
02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
U already installed it men. You dont want to use the one i gave you?
yea already installed it just want something i can see at night this works good during the day but at night lol im blind
also looking to monitor the air and oil temp im so much more obsessed with know what the car is going threw

omgheyitskenny
02-09-2012, 04:28 AM
I use Defi on my evo and I love the colors and the way they are :P but honest a gauge is a gauge. Also if I would've boosted my ep I would have made it like how the 05 STi's have their gauges from the factory.

ebizzle361
02-09-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm looking into the dgauge. These are unmatched quality, definatly amazing !!

The DGauge is a digital multi-gauge that plugs into the diagnostic port on most 1996 and later Asian, European and some US vehicles and displays real-time engine data on it's color TFT LCD. Through the selection of one of 3 different screen modes, you can monitor 2 or 4 user selectable parameters at a time. As many as 25 different parameters are available for viewing, depending on vehicle support and 7 parameters via external sensors. Exceptionally easy to set up and operate. With unmatched performance and reliability, the DGauge offers the most advanced technology in engine monitoring.

100% compatible with all K-Series applications utilizing the factory ECU.
100% compatible with K-Pro. Monitor A/F ratio, engine temp, boost and more.
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/

Taken from another forums discription that is selling them. Seems awesome to me. Simple, without running a bunch of wires and lines and reads directly from the ecu.

Slip_Angle
02-09-2012, 10:38 PM
I'm looking into the dgauge. These are unmatched quality, definatly amazing !!

The DGauge is a digital multi-gauge that plugs into the diagnostic port on most 1996 and later Asian, European and some US vehicles and displays real-time engine data on it's color TFT LCD. Through the selection of one of 3 different screen modes, you can monitor 2 or 4 user selectable parameters at a time. As many as 25 different parameters are available for viewing, depending on vehicle support and 7 parameters via external sensors. Exceptionally easy to set up and operate. With unmatched performance and reliability, the DGauge offers the most advanced technology in engine monitoring.

100% compatible with all K-Series applications utilizing the factory ECU.
100% compatible with K-Pro. Monitor A/F ratio, engine temp, boost and more.
http://www.brockwayengineering.com/

Taken from another forums discription that is selling them. Seems awesome to me. Simple, without running a bunch of wires and lines and reads directly from the ecu.

This is via OBDII, which is very slow. I have a Brockway R920 and it's very nice but slow updating. The Tunerview connects to Kpro with one wire and provides 8 parameters at once in real-time.

ebizzle361
02-10-2012, 02:16 AM
nice.. i'll look into the tunerview as well.

dj addicted
02-10-2012, 09:54 AM
I love it how people bash A pillar pods and say things like "put them in your glove box or down by the shifter". The whole point in gauges is so you can see what is going on with your motor WHILE DRIVING. Boost pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, etc. These look great but if you are at the drag strip or whatever, the last thing you need to be doing is taking your eyes off the road checking your gauges. Put them somewhere in easy view. When I had gauges, they were on my A-pillar, not for show or anything like that, but because they were easy for me to see at a quick glance. If people are really putting shit in their glove box, why bother with gauges at all.

omgheyitskenny
02-13-2012, 10:34 PM
^^ the reason why my boost and wideband gauge is on my steering column

BlownSi05
02-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Defi Racer Series. Had them in my EP and LOVED them......so did everyone else apparently...lol. Expensive, but definitely worth it.