PDA

View Full Version : Ordering coilovers need advice.

Powers
02-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Ordering my coilovers this paycheck coming up! I plan on getting the tien super streets with pillow ball mounts. Does anyone have any reviews, or experience with them? Also Im a big jeep guy so I never did coilovers I just did leaf springs all around so if someone could kinda breeze through the install I would really appreciate it.

Thanks, Powers.

whatsvtec
02-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Coilover install should be pretty simple, bolt on. 5 each side in the front (3 up top, 2 on bottom). 3 each side in the back(2 up top, 1 on bottom).

Are you doing rear camber kits too?

For that $$$ have you looked into any comparably priced monotube coilovers? (buddyclub rsd, ksport, AMR etc.)

mitchlikesbikes
02-02-2012, 08:13 PM
most important part is getting it aligned when you're all done!

whatsvtec
02-02-2012, 08:14 PM
How could I forget! :doh:

Powers
02-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Yes planning on the rear camber kit and new tie rod ends. And I've looked at others around the same price and I'm pretty much set on these. From what my brothers been telling me (graduated high performance automotive at wyotech and bmw's technician school now working at bmw worldwide) tein is top notch quality.

AKEP
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
tein is nice. guaranteed to get you laid. bitches will know when you roll up, because the car will be all smooth as you show up, fashionably late. :mcool:

Powers
02-03-2012, 10:30 AM
tein is nice. guaranteed to get you laid. bitches will know when you roll up, because the car will be all smooth as you show up, fashionably late. :mcool:

Thats my style right there hahaha. I got another question would setting the coilovers at 1.9 inch drop in the front and 2 in the back be horrible for daily driving like going over speed bumps and such?

G-MaC!
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Thats my style right there hahaha. I got another question would setting the coilovers at 1.9 inch drop in the front and 2 in the back be horrible for daily driving like going over speed bumps and such?

Ep's don't like being too low. Well it's not gonna be the best, you're going to feel a big difference if you were on stock suspension before.

Powers
02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Ep's don't like being too low. Well it's not gonna be the best, you're going to feel a big difference if you were on stock suspension before.

How much drop would you reccomend? I'm slowly trying to work the suspension up to be ready for the track/autocross.

whatsvtec
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Do some reading around in the suspension sections here on ephatch, and on other sites with the same basic chassis. rsx's, em2's, etc.

You'd be surprised how much info is out there and has been linked on every thread just like this one.

Powers
02-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Did some reading. I think im dropping it 1.4 in the front and 1.5 in the rear. Will probably run 235/45R17 tires to fill in some of the wheel gap. This way I shouldnt scrap to much and the geometry will be pretty damn close to what it should be accordding to what I just read atleast.