PDA

View Full Version : ApexI Power Intake..anyone used one?

Jukka
02-04-2012, 09:30 AM
I've kinda been missing the sound of an open airfilter/short ram under the hood. I've been running a customized Hondata box for the last year and a half with a silicone intake hose. Its nice, it pulls pretty good, but I miss the sound my old Fujita intake made under acceleration. I've been looking at what intakes i could get that still uses the OEM intake hose/that I could still use my silicone intake hose. I found like the ITG Maxogen intakes on ebay.co.uk for around $200, but most of them are pretty haggard. I also was looking at the Blitz intake, but I can't find them used anywhere and I really dont wanna drop $230 on a new one. So I was looking at the Apexi intake for our cars.
https://www.upscaleautomotive.com/images/product/large/48133_1_.jpg

It looks pretty basic, but would work. The main reasons I want to get an intake that uses the OEM intake hose/my silicone one is because the silicone doesn't act as a heatsink as much as the aluminum from my fujita one did. Plus I spent like $80 on the intake hose and really don't wanna get rid of it (looks cool under the hood:mbiggrin:)

Anyone have any experience with this intake on our car?? I know a few people who have used Apexi intakes on other cars (Integras, S13s, Skylines), but I really havent seen too many people running it on the EP/DC5.

Jukka
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
bump...anyone?

SkareKrow
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
bump...anyone?

Double it up on the :bump: I've never even heard of it :bump: for a reply!

fEPst3r
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
i bought that filter today, i cut up a injen cai and made it into a short ram to use with it