PDA

View Full Version : ep3 k20a3 to future k24 header woes

Mortification1
02-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Ok...well my plan is as follows...i have a k20a3 at the moment. With i/e...about to get a header. Im gonna build my k20a3 with bc stage t cams and valvetrain of course...only cuz i will b swapping in a k24a1 or what not in future and can use the same cams and all. Currently im in the market for a header..and have heard about the clearance issues..of the k24 with header. I have a 02 ep3. So my debate is wether i should get a obx rc header or the one i really want the kiddracing rc header. Problem is they are 200 bux apart and inthe.future might not work with my k24? Any input is greatly appreciated :)

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
02-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Ok...well my plan is as follows...i have a k20a3 at the moment. With i/e...about to get a header. Im gonna build my k20a3 with bc stage t cams and valvetrain of course...only cuz i will b swapping in a k24a1 or what not in future and can use the same cams and all. Currently im in the market for a header..and have heard about the clearance issues..of the k24 with header. I have a 02 ep3. So my debate is wether i should get a obx rc header or the one i really want the kiddracing rc header. Problem is they are 200 bux apart and inthe.future might not work with my k24? Any input is greatly appreciated :)

My friend has a k24 in his ep and he's using an obx header. He did have to bend the sway bar a little for clearance but other than that its mint. Also I'm not sure but I think the Kidd racing header is Rsx specific so u will need a Rsx mid pipe. Correct me if I'm wrong guys

whatsvtec
02-04-2012, 03:09 PM
KRRH is nice because you can have an EP3 spec "test pipe" section fabbed up without compromising the KRRH itself. However, with the stock KRRH it is an RSX-S spec piece.

I suggest KRRH if you're serious about building your motors. Also, to keep a serious all motor build reliable don't forget to pick up an aftermarket TCT and new timing chain if you plan on really upgrading cams and valvetrain. Also, a timing chain guide might be helpful.

Mortification1
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
KRRH is nice because you can have an EP3 spec "test pipe" section fabbed up without compromising the KRRH itself. However, with the stock KRRH it is an RSX-S spec piece.

I suggest KRRH if you're serious about building your motors. Also, to keep a serious all motor build reliable don't forget to pick up an aftermarket TCT and new timing chain if you plan on really upgrading cams and valvetrain. Also, a timing chain guide might be helpful.

Mind the noobness but whats a TCT? Lol

whatsvtec
02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Mind the noobness but whats a TCT? Lol

timing chain tensioner. Hybrid Racing supposedly has a really good one, I have no experience with it though.