PDA

View Full Version : Any fit problems with Metra kit?

02TafWhtSi
01-05-2003, 09:40 AM
I just installed my Metra dash kit (black) about a week ago but there is definitely some space to move it around - you can even pull it straight out of the dash space! Anyway, over the last couple of days I've heard a rattling sound coming from that area over rough roads. I decided to see if the dash kit was the cause so I pushed up on it as I drove over some bumps and...not a sound! So I'm trying to figure out a way to make the kit fit snug enough to not cause any rattling sounds...any suggestions?

ek9jdmhb
01-05-2003, 02:25 PM
i just put mine in yesterday, and i see little gaps here and there, but over all i like it.

william
01-05-2003, 02:57 PM
what kit are you guys talking about?

2k2civicSi
01-05-2003, 03:35 PM
yep mine fits bad too it has alot of play and my subs make it rattle

IceD out N CALI
01-05-2003, 04:50 PM
doesnt scoche (or however u spell it) make a kit for our cars? if they do, do those fit better than the metra kit?

william
01-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Someone post a link, I want to know what the hell you guys are talking about.

ek9jdmhb
01-06-2003, 02:44 AM
a dash kit for a different head unit

rswbrixton
01-06-2003, 05:39 PM
metra kit is a good fit - but not great . i have had much better fitting kits on other cars ( hondas) . I dont know how metra could have screwed this one up .

ATRIOT
10-20-2003, 02:23 PM
Bump on an old thread. My metra kit fits like crap, its way too loose and with a little force the whole unit will come out of the dash. There are just two plastic clips on the top that are insufficient for holding it in securely

02TafWhtSi
10-20-2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by ATRIOT
Bump on an old thread. My metra kit fits like crap, its way too loose and with a little force the whole unit will come out of the dash. There are just two plastic clips on the top that are insufficient for holding it in securely

Cool ressurection ATRIOT! There is a good way to keep it solid. Get yourself a few black, long length Zip-Ties from Home Depot. pull out the entire unit (should pull right out, mine did :rolleyes: ) and look/feel inside the dash. Right in front should be a solid metal bar. And on the bottom of the Metra kit should be two slits. Basicaly snake the zip tie around the bar and up through the two slits. Zip tie it tight and cut off any extra. Now it WON'T come out and should eliminate most of the noises. PM me for more details ;)

ATRIOT
10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the tip! Will do that very soon. I'm still kinda nervous about the fact that one swift tug will pull out a deck + dashkit from an EP.

i-WERKS
10-21-2003, 05:28 AM
You can glue the kit on or try this
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22667

Civicvtec1ps
10-21-2003, 07:17 AM
well. metra dash kit is the best fit for our ep so i am happy with it.

AthlonDave
10-24-2003, 03:58 PM
My Metra kit fits like sh1t. The gaps are way too big for a "Custom Fit" install kit. As for the looseness I took a couple of bolts with a flange head and put them in the back two ISO mount holes (one on each side) so that they rest on the steel part of the mount mechanism. But I still must agree that the fit and finish of the Metra kit is really very, very poor.

mrfixit687
10-30-2003, 11:38 PM
piece of shit, it rattles when my bass hits