PDA

View Full Version : Turbo

Whooopasss
01-05-2003, 09:51 AM
Ok. we got all the parts now.. I just got this last night

http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphotos/2003/January/5/stamp_original/0105200311344593.jpg

Brand new Greddy Oil catch can and JDM intercooler (no pipes yet.. it is brand new!!)

For dimention freaks 15 L X 10 1/2 H X 4 W

and the Injectors (450cc Dsm with clips and resistor box (only need 1)

http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphotos/2002/December/26/stamp_original/122620021322825.jpg

T3 ar 60 comp /ar48 compressor

http://www.imgstudio.com/IMGphotos/2002/December/26/stamp_original/122620021322596.jpg

Custom pipes for a log type manifold is also here with a used stcok header that we will modify

SMC+ fuel piggy back is on it's way

EGT probe and guage is here together with the boost guage (autometer)

A/F from auto meter on it's way

I only need a good welder and time to do this.. but it will be done.. maybe 1 month tops!!!

Now.. any one using guage pods?? please post pics.. and where you got them and how is the fit??

forgive imgstudio.. the images sometimes wont load.. jsut click refresh..

Jpax
01-05-2003, 10:26 AM
pics dont work. i see box with red X :(

Whooopasss
01-05-2003, 10:33 AM
yah.. imgstudio is doing some maintenance work.. click on refresh.. some times it works... :'(

02blksi
01-05-2003, 04:18 PM
nice so far...

what wastegate are you using?
BOV?
Manifold? --whose making it for you or what company is?
oil return line for the turbo?

I have a suggestion if you are making your own piping.
use summit racing U bends -not to pricey and look decent.

MISC items to consider:
Turbo timer
Home depot DIY boost controller (you want to be able to up the boost right :) LOL )
boost gauge

For the whole fuel issue what are you doing? your running a standalone? extra injectors ? investing the moeny to make the "returnless" OEM system work? -- clue me in. -- Joe
who swore NEVER AGAIN will i modify my car. to the extreme i did on my 98 civic :)

IceD out N CALI
01-05-2003, 04:38 PM
nice pics, and good luck on the install hope u get it done with no problems:)

Whooopasss
01-06-2003, 08:27 AM
what wastegate are you using?--> STOCK T3 Wastegate (adjustable)
BOV? -->Maxrev
Manifold? --whose making it for you or what company is? -->Custom Log Type
oil return line for the turbo? -->Braided Oil return

I have a suggestion if you are making your own piping.
use summit racing U bends -not to pricey and look decent.
--> local speed shop here in cambell california has mandrel bent pipes

MISC items to consider:
Turbo timer -->Not yet
Home depot DIY boost controller (you want to be able to up the boost right LOL ) --Ahhh No..
boost gauge __ Got it already.. auto meter phantom series

For the whole fuel issue what are you doing? your running a standalone? extra injectors ? investing the moeny to make the "returnless" OEM system work? -- clue me in. -- Joe

For fuel, we will be running the SMC+ unit from Zip.. he is in the bay area and he was the one who designed it. wo we will have some local tech support for it. We will be running 450 cc dsm injectors with the stock fuel pump and stock fuel pressure.

Click here for SMC+ info (http://forums.clubsi.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB12&Number=1383768&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1)

ssvr6
01-06-2003, 08:57 AM
I've read that post about SMC before. Will that be enough for a turbo on our car?

I'm really excited to see how this pans out.

Good luck man!

Steve

redlineracing
01-06-2003, 03:02 PM
Yeah me too!
Don't forget dynos man! WE NEED DYNOS!!!:p :D

hacim
01-06-2003, 03:21 PM
And pics.;)

Whooopasss
01-06-2003, 03:54 PM
When we start the actual install, we will do a step by step.. with pics.. I am negotiating with a certified welder right now..

02TuRbOeP
01-09-2003, 04:23 PM
my friend made this custom heat shield

Skidtron89
01-09-2003, 04:33 PM
Looks pretty nice what exactly is it made from??

Whooopasss
01-10-2003, 06:41 AM
What size turbo are you running? So you guys went with a fuel return.. I didnt want to do that so I am going the other way.. I'll be using a fuel managment from Zip (SMC+) for adding more fuel.. I didnt want to tap my stock fuel rail or run a fuel return back to the gas tank since I figured, after a few years, I might trade the EP once again for something else. Th SMC+ uses the stock fuel rail, fuel pump, but bigger injectors.