PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Pedal Pushrod Threads

ElectroKing
02-10-2012, 08:36 PM
In an attempt to find my ideal clutch engagement point I've adjusted the clutch pedal push-rod numerous times. Left (Counterclockwise) to lower engagement point or Right (Clockwise) to raise engagement point. For whatever reason I can't seem to get it where it feels perfect. The engagement point is in an ok position right now but I would prefer it closer to the floor... the issue I'm having is there isn't much thread left on the push rod to lower it. Is there anything that can be done to reset the pedal push-rod so I can eventually lower the engagement point (e.g. Back out pushrod so there's more thread left on it and then change the clutch fluid)

bchaney
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
I think the adjustment is just to take out the extra "slop" in the pedal, not necessarilly to set the engagement point. I set mine so that the slave starts moving almost as soon as I hit the pedal. That way you're getting max travel out of the cylinder.

If you lower your engagement point too much you may not be able to push the pedal far enough that the clutch will ever fully DISengage. Not sure if adding fluid would change anything. Maybe adjust your seat if it's really that uncomfortable?