PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. 'Blue' - Pooptooth's EP Is A Goner.

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Well I never thought it would end like this.

Last week my wife and I were on our way to dinner, traveling down a relatively busy road, about 40mph. Suddenly my wife says "Honey look out!", before I could even react, this dude had pulled right out in front of us and 'SMASH'...airbags, etc. I just remember coming to, and seeing the car that pulled out in front of us, rolling over slowly on to its roof.

My wife and I as well as the other vehicles passengers are fine, just a little sore, but the little EP held its own and kept us safe. The other driver was cited for failure to comply to a stop sign, so needless to say he was totally at fault.

If I can preach, PLEASE always use your seatbelts. If it weren't for that and our airbags, we surely would've been busted up. Also, this is my first accident EVER and I'm 30. I always thought I was the best driver and could avoid anything, but nobody could have avoided this. So even though you might think your untouchable, guess again, and be on guard.

On to the pics:

BEFORE

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/IMG_5019.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/IMG_5034.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/IMG_5006.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/IMG_5057.jpg

AFTER

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/ep2-1.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/ep3-2.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/ep4-1.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m317/justdugan/ep1-1.jpg

I did buy the car back from insurance and it now resides back in the garage for one last time. Needless to say, be on the look out for a MASSIVE part out thread including the very healthy k20a2 and 6-speed that was thankfully unharmed. Been through alot with this car and it really breaks my heart, but at least my wife and I weren't seriously injured.

R.I.P. Blue. You're my boy Blue!!! You're...my...boy. :mcry:

04sidriver
02-11-2012, 07:21 AM
That sucks about your car but at least you and the wife are safe.

beechstreet
02-11-2012, 07:45 AM
heartbreaking, but glad you and your wife were alright.

apexracing
02-11-2012, 07:46 AM
I tell ya hondas are tough. Another example is this
http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/Apexep3si/stuff/photo.jpg

That was my 07 Fit sport, i bought it new in 06. Had it 3 months and a ford pickup hits me head on crossing a bridge. They call them compact cars but they take a hit like a champ. I'm glad your ok, and i call dibs on the hfp spoiler lol

04sidriver
02-11-2012, 07:55 AM
I got dibs on the a2 swap....lol

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 07:55 AM
Wow dude, thats crazy! They certainly are tough little buggers! Glad you are ok also.

I just don't want to turn this into a dibs thread, the part out thread will be up soon enough, but honesty a lot parts are still on the car and remain there until I have time to take everything apart and get pics. I'm still going through the arduous process of insurance and buying another car. Patience is a virtue. :)

McTaggart34
02-11-2012, 08:17 AM
:jaw: Sorry to see this happen man :'( Was a great looking ep

what are you getting into next ?

Pronto
02-11-2012, 08:32 AM
Damn! That was a nice EP.
Sucks to see your car like that, but like you said at least no one was injured.

Any thoughts on a replacement? Possibly another EP?

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks man. I just put a deposit down on a 2006 A-Spec TSX. Black leather, six-speed, navi...looking forward to it. Pretty sure there will be one or two parts from my old Ep that might make their way over to the new ride. ;)

usedep3
02-11-2012, 08:39 AM
holy shit justin, i'm sorry. i know how that feels man.

i'm glad you and the wife are ok.

when my old ep was totalled my gf was in the car with me at the time. she thought i was gonna flip out but really i was just glad we were ok. at the end of the day it's just a car. it sounds like you have the same mindset. if there's anything you need let me know.

Siborg
02-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Omg..... Glad you both are ok. And soo so sorry man she was a beaut :(

T.White04EP3
02-11-2012, 08:59 AM
dang man that sucks for your ep but thankfully you and your wife are ok

cow
02-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Good thing you had a rebar unlike a lot of losers. I'm glad you guys were uninjured.

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 09:13 AM
holy shit justin, i'm sorry. i know how that feels man.

i'm glad you and the wife are ok.

when my old ep was totalled my gf was in the car with me at the time. she thought i was gonna flip out but really i was just glad we were ok. at the end of the day it's just a car. it sounds like you have the same mindset. if there's anything you need let me know.

Thanks Mike, yeah I know you definitely know how I feel...lol. And you hit the nail on the head, I def. thought I was going to freak out, but I just hopped right out and made sure the wife was good. Sure I was bummed and still am, but life goes on. Thanks for the offer man.

Omg..... Glad you both are ok. And soo so sorry man she was a beaut :(

Thanks dude, I'll just refer to your VBP whenever I miss my old girl. Yours is absolutely stunning. Keep her safe!

dang man that sucks for your ep but thankfully you and your wife are ok

Thanks bro.

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 09:14 AM
Thanks COW. Yeah without that my motor and probably by legs would have been toast.

dirtyMETHOD
02-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Glad you guys are OK.

On to a new project with the TSX. Good Luck

That really sucks about such a clean EP but accidents are a part of life (or at least dumbass drivers).

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Yeah, thanks man. I'm stoked about the TSX but bummed about the lack of forum support. I've recently joined TSXclub and acurazine forums, but neither have the heart and soul like ephatch. I definitely will continue to troll here, like alot of former EP owners. So I won't be going away, for better or worse.

AKEP
02-11-2012, 10:09 AM
man one of my favorites. glad you're okay. see you for the battle over the HFP spoiler

monjarassi
02-11-2012, 10:12 AM
damn suck about your loss i know i wouldve been broken deeply but hey its material and life cant be fixed or bought.

gl

RhINoX^
02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Glad you are ok! That sucks. I know how it feels.
Good luck with your new project!

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Thanks guys, it definitely sucks but gotta move on.

dj addicted
02-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Wow man! The ep took that accident like a champ! Sucks to see another ep down, but glad you are ok

Tnhatch03
02-11-2012, 11:34 AM
OH NO!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your EP, but glad you and your wife are fine!!!

charles
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
noooo! sorry to hear.

Civic5lug
02-11-2012, 12:39 PM
http://youtu.be/Wn_iz8z2AGw
:mcry:

Ba82Ep3
02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Dude... this blows turtle wang. : (

3dkahuna
02-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Glad you and your wife are ok as well as the other passengers.

slate13530
02-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Yeah, thanks man. I'm stoked about the TSX but bummed about the lack of forum support. I've recently joined TSXclub and acurazine forums, but neither have the heart and soul like ephatch. I definitely will continue to troll here, like alot of former EP owners. So I won't be going away, for better or worse.

Yup not much support like this site and others.

bizzle
02-11-2012, 04:28 PM
You should give me first dibs on anything beings I bought your other ep3.

mitchlikesbikes
02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
i seriously had a pit in my stomach looking at the pictures:( i'm glad you guys are okay.

did those beautiful volks make it out unscathed?? they would look excellent on that new TSX;)

junevtec
02-11-2012, 05:36 PM
is crazy your post say 666

mitchlikesbikes
02-11-2012, 05:38 PM
is crazy your post say 666

witchcraft!

cow
02-11-2012, 05:41 PM
Thanks COW. Yeah without that my motor and probably by legs would have been toast.

Lieutenant Dan!!

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
02-11-2012, 06:36 PM
Sucks bro, but at least you and your wife are ok.

makavelibranded
02-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Damn glad your ok, what happened to the idiot that pulled out in front of you?

POOPTOOTH
02-11-2012, 09:14 PM
i seriously had a pit in my stomach looking at the pictures:( i'm glad you guys are okay.

did those beautiful volks make it out unscathed?? they would look excellent on that new TSX;)

Thanks man. And yes they did, you read my mind buddy! :)

You should give me first dibs on anything beings I bought your other ep3.

Let me know what you want Anthony and I'll try and make it happen.

Lieutenant Dan!!

Rofl...I love you man.

Damn glad your ok, what happened to the idiot that pulled out in front of you?

He and his passengers were fine. They looked stoned when I was talking to them after the crash. Maybe it was shock, but I don't know, he looked a little out of it. He was cited by johnny law for failure to stop at a stop sign. I thought I'd be a lot more pissed at him in particular, and maybe if my wife was injured, I would have reacted differently and killed him. But I was in a very 'zen-like' state afterwards. It was weird and uncharacteristic of my usual self. Go figure.

Thanks for the support guys, it certainly helps ease the pain.

junevtec
02-11-2012, 10:17 PM
where is the LIKE button at lol

witchcraft!

willy_akino
02-12-2012, 04:09 AM
Damn it must of been sad to see the ep3 go, but at least he protected for you and your wife. Just think of it as his gift for you always taking good care of him.

POOPTOOTH
02-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Damn it must of been sad to see the ep3 go, but at least he protected for you and your wife. Just think of it as his gift for you always taking good care of him.

I never thought about it like that man, but that really struck a chord. Bout made me tear up!

SkareKrow
02-12-2012, 09:00 AM
Its just good to know that you and your wife are safe thank God. Things happen and are meant to happen for a reason since it could have been a lot worst. Thank goodness it was just a car in front not a train or a semi. By Personal experience The ep does hold up like a champ. When i got into my small incident. She held up for sure. I fixed it back though just like new factory and everything. Think about keeping your blue... I wont ever get rid of mine even though everything We been through almost two marriages, trees falling on top, yes a big willow branch as well as huge palm leaves..... Almost being stolen. Transmission blown etc... mechanical problems and even her being wrecked... I do appreciate her as much as you should keep on... Just my opinion. :smile::-)

Good thing you had a rebar unlike a lot of losers. I'm glad you guys were uninjured.

x2 mos def Seen some people die because of no rebar.

Thanks man. And yes they did, you read my mind buddy! :)

Let me know what you want Anthony and I'll try and make it happen.

Rofl...I love you man.

He and his passengers were fine. They looked stoned when I was talking to them after the crash. Maybe it was shock, but I don't know, he looked a little out of it. He was cited by johnny law for failure to stop at a stop sign. I thought I'd be a lot more pissed at him in particular, and maybe if my wife was injured, I would have reacted differently and killed him. But I was in a very 'zen-like' state afterwards. It was weird and uncharacteristic of my usual self. Go figure.

Thanks for the support guys, it certainly helps ease the pain.

Its good that you didnt blow up on them lol. That state peace i think comes from the ep because i felt like killin someone but as soon as I go out the car... peace weird...

Mos def a gift great way of putting it. :smile: x2 on this.

":;,,,;:" $|{@|2€|{|?()\\//\\// using HTC Evo 4G!

mitchlikesbikes
02-12-2012, 11:01 AM

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac220/thealisaurus/GIF%20Animations/Cry.gif

JaydmEp3
02-12-2012, 11:23 AM
To bad to see poor vbp looking like tht but hey glad u guys are good...did his job to protect u guys.. Yep cant wait for the partout... Its gonna be tight wont have to repaint parts..lol

oneglory
02-12-2012, 01:26 PM

glad you guys are ok!

i can relate about acurazine...it's not the same as ephatch at all.

STP03BlueSI
02-12-2012, 05:50 PM
:(

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
02-12-2012, 06:35 PM
i say bye another VBP and transfer parts

usedep3
02-12-2012, 10:04 PM
glad you guys are ok!

i can relate about acurazine...it's not the same as ephatch at all.

^tr00f

where's the 'like' button?

SkareKrow
02-12-2012, 10:27 PM
X3! Winning!

":;,,,;:" $|{@|2€|{|?()\\//\\// using HTC Evo 4G!

Dbl-Htch
02-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Like everyone else said, glad to see both of you made it out unscathed. Not to rub it in of course, but damn your EP was sweet, very tasteful, looks like nothing but meaningful mods (i.e all business, not "hella-trendy" :mredface: ).
Good luck with the TSX, sounds pretty nice, I bought my '06 (also 6-speed w/navi) 2 years ago this month, no complaints at all (still have my EP too :mwink: ). Fwiw, I've found TSXclub to be a pretty good site, most people seem pretty cool, albeit maybe not as tight-knit as EPHatch, probably due to the car's relatively "mainstream" nature. Never even bothered joining Acurazine btw...

powdbyrice
02-13-2012, 08:08 PM
wow. that other car ate it.

glad to hear you're ok. EP's can take a lickin.

i'm on acurazine, but i'm in the TL section.

oldschoolimport
02-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Not what I wanted to see when I logged in. Sorry man!

j0000stin
02-13-2012, 10:10 PM
fuck bro glad your ok.

on a side note the wheels seem good still willing to sell em? <i hope that wasnt too soon to say :)

POOPTOOTH
02-14-2012, 05:38 AM
Like everyone else said, glad to see both of you made it out unscathed. Not to rub it in of course, but damn your EP was sweet, very tasteful, looks like nothing but meaningful mods (i.e all business, not "hella-trendy" :mredface: ).
Good luck with the TSX, sounds pretty nice, I bought my '06 (also 6-speed w/navi) 2 years ago this month, no complaints at all (still have my EP too :mwink: ). Fwiw, I've found TSXclub to be a pretty good site, most people seem pretty cool, albeit maybe not as tight-knit as EPHatch, probably due to the car's relatively "mainstream" nature. Never even bothered joining Acurazine btw...

Thanks man, I would have loved to have kept the EP to be a weekend car and have the TSX for an everyday car, but oh well. I definitely have been checking out TSXclub more and more, seems like it will definitely be a good site. Although in all my years of car 'modding', nothing really has come close to EPhatch.

wow. that other car ate it.

glad to hear you're ok. EP's can take a lickin.

i'm on acurazine, but i'm in the TL section.

Yes they can! The best part is after I bought it back and the tow guy dropped it off, it started right up and I drove it right into the garage.

Not what I wanted to see when I logged in. Sorry man!

I know man, I felt the same way when I saw the post about your ride getting totalled. Gotta move on though!

fuck bro glad your ok.

on a side note the wheels seem good still willing to sell em? <i hope that wasnt too soon to say :)

Wheels are more than likely going to end up on the new whip. Thanks though.

Drunken Yak inc
02-14-2012, 06:20 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, however I commend you for how you are handling this situation. Best of luck with the TSX.

POOPTOOTH
02-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Thanks man, yeah I thought I'd be crying like a little girl...lol.

However I've learned no amount of moping well bring the car back, so might as well make the most out of the situation and move forward. I know its been said 1,000x already but, I'm just most thankful for my wife and I being safe.

SkareKrow
02-14-2012, 07:26 AM
Thanks man, yeah I thought I'd be crying like a little girl...lol.

However I've learned no amount of moping well bring the car back, so might as well make the most out of the situation and move forward. I know its been said 1,000x already but, I'm just most thankful for my wife and I being safe.

Positive Thinking! "Winning!"

":;,,,;:" $|{@|2&euro;|{|?()\\//\\// using HTC Evo 4G!

Kis4KEN
02-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Pooptooth, I'm glad that you're OK. Although, you're not as "OG" as some that still are on the board, I know you're one of the few that give excellent posts and feedback and such.

Hope everything is A-OK.

POOPTOOTH
02-17-2012, 04:28 AM
Pooptooth, I'm glad that you're OK. Although, you're not as "OG" as some that still are on the board, I know you're one of the few that give excellent posts and feedback and such.

Hope everything is A-OK.

Thanks a lot man. Yeah I guess I've been around here 5 years or so. I only know that because the EP was 3 payments from being paid off... :( I will definitely remain on the boards just for the comradery and to contribute whenever I can, and to share the progress of my new ride.

Kerby
02-17-2012, 05:04 AM
you ever think about getting a CRV or Element and trasnfer over the motor? I'm just sayin....

POOPTOOTH
02-17-2012, 05:24 AM
you ever think about getting a CRV or Element and trasnfer over the motor? I'm just sayin....

Haha, that would be awesome, but I think I'll be fine messing with the k24a2 in the Tsx for now. I'm going to hold out for another EP down the road, maybe if one comes along that I can't resist (Like SHG easy's car :mangel:).

ep11
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Sad to see a ep3 go to car heaven...
If only cars where part Donors like humans
My ep3 Can surely use a Heart ( engine)

I got lucky with my accident
Hit a standing car going 30

Little by little I'm fixing up my ëp3
Before there's "Another " SoCal Ephatch.com Meet ...

skooba
02-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Glad you're ok, that was a nice clean vbp you had. I miss mine still, and it's been 6 years since I sold it! Enjoy the TSX!

BlownSi05
02-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Justin, dude, I am so glad you and the wife are ok! But man, I really hate this for you, especially knowing your car and what you had planned from you buying mine. So sorry to hear about this, but again, so glad y'all are ok!

ImportCustomx
02-23-2012, 08:11 AM
i cried a little..glad you guys are okay.

Glad you keeping it with Honda/Acura. Sounds like a sexy new car.

FoReVaPmP
02-23-2012, 08:19 AM
OMG!!!..... I'm just now seeing this..... I'm GLAD that you are alright man.... if there is anything you need please let me know.

BTW: can I haz yO motor/tranny???

Aklass
02-23-2012, 03:25 PM
Sad to see another one go... I too thought I was invincible and that an accident would never happen to me, did many reckless things in that EP, but always had control, I never saw my accident coming, turning left on a yellow and some lady tries to beat it going 50mph in a 35 zone.. but the stupid left turn rule applied and i was at fault. Now I drive alot more carefully since I'm using my dad's 2012 civic for school

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/399180_10150503849708330_820053329_8788153_1957987 571_n.jpg

ace of spades
02-28-2012, 09:34 AM
sorry to hear Justin

.colin
02-29-2012, 10:21 AM
wow crazy, glad everyone was ok