PDA

View Full Version : JRSC CNC billet high flow custom inlet

eP3RoyaLTy
02-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Has anyone been watching this thread over on clubrsx??
He's taken preorders on these new inlets and taking 75$ off if ordered by the end of the month...(I have no affiliation w/clubrsx or the guy making the inlets this is just a heads up since I thought it was a good deal n product)

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=808978

Quote from Jmercado567 on clubrsx:
"After years hoping to be able to help on the subject and tried manually building the units, I have finally been able to work with two awesome CAD designers and provide the first custom CNC inlet for the JRSC.

The designs were made possible by Andy for the JRSC design concepts and Jesee for the Civic Si design concepts. They both worked really hard with me to build something that will be worthwhile in the long term, flow great, and provide some visual appeal.

As such we made the unit modular to accommodate various TB options and avoid spacers.

A fully functional prototype is in order for the Civic Si and if all goes well it will be ready in about two weeks. If anyone wants to join on the RSX side for a prototype at a partial cost, just shoot me an email.

The design is a bit more critical than the CT unit because of the bypass and the idle control valve unit.

There are still some changes that may be needed for the RSX unit due to hood vs throttle cable clearance verification, etc and ensuring the clearance of the bypass valve and idle valve wiring clip.

I will be taking pre-orders at my site under supercharger upgrades. http://mercracing.net"

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
02-12-2012, 07:58 PM
What a great idea, if only i had a SC

Ba82Ep3
02-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Meh... needs some refinement it looks like...

eP3RoyaLTy
02-13-2012, 09:28 PM
lol yeah def got a sc first...

ba83ep3.... check out the new piks the production units look to be a bit "refined"

Ba82Ep3
02-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Will do. Admittedly the inlet being straightened out/opened up would help tremendously if all other avenues were taken to maximize its purpose... possibly even reduce air temp somewhat before it gets to the charger. But thats gotta look a whole lot better before i would even consider it... lol

neoamd
02-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Will do. Admittedly the inlet being straightened out/opened up would help tremendously if all other avenues were taken to maximize its purpose... possibly even reduce air temp somewhat before it gets to the charger. But thats gotta look a whole lot better before i would even consider it... lol

I'll know how well it performs once its finished.

I'll be using the RSX version w/ a HR 74mm TB. I'm hoping I'll cause myself the need to get a new set of wheels + fatter tires.

eP3RoyaLTy
02-28-2012, 01:22 PM
I'll know how well it performs once its finished.

I'll be using the RSX version w/ a HR 74mm TB. I'm hoping I'll cause myself the need to get a new set of wheels + fatter tires.

i have an ep3 jrsc n will be trying it with a skunk2 74mm tb... im thinkin that your gunna need that new wheel n tire set up lol ^ what are you on right now???

MugenReplica
02-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Jose's stuff is top notch in ingenuity and creativity as well as always improving in quality. You can't go wrong with anything he has engineered. Actually, he's an engineer by trade as well and does not make as much coin as some would think on his Lyholm kits. He does it purely to support his love of racing (he does local AutoX's, club racing, and HPDE's) and the community.

willy_akino
03-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Will they make a ep3 jrsc version of this?

eP3RoyaLTy
03-01-2012, 01:43 AM
mugen ----- i totally agree with you... and hes a super cool dude real down to earth... def handlin it w that ts set up

willy ------- i asked the same question and he (jose, the dude that makes it) said that its the same bolt pattern as the dc5, so yes it will fit the "ep3 version"

also if im not mistaken... the actual blower portion on the ep3 n dc5 jrsc are exactly the same... the difference between the two kits comes from the "manifold" design (how it bolts up to your motor/head) in that the different versions place the blower in different positions ie the ep3 version the blower is on its "side" as the dc5 version the blower is on its back...