PDA

View Full Version : toomuch sc oil?

ephatchback
02-12-2012, 04:16 PM
i swear ive already posted this question, but i know the jrsc blowers only need about a quart of oil..i know my mechanic said he put 1.5quarts in it when we installed it, and the guy i bought it from said he had just put oil in the blower before he sent it lol..so im finding out all this after the fact and im wondering if its bad/possible to put in too much sc oil? if so would that cause any negative side effects? thanks- joep

eP3RoyaLTy
02-12-2012, 05:13 PM
http://ecommerce.mossmotors.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/MossMotors-US-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewManuals-BrandInstructions?sitebranding=supercharger

download the service kit pdf has some good q&a and answers your question

ephatchback
02-17-2012, 12:10 AM
thanks bro

04EP3Hatch
02-17-2012, 05:16 AM
SMACK THE SHIT out of your mechanic, there is a precises amount of oil that needs to go in, 110ml. to little and youll under lube the gearset and bearings, to much and youll have the seals start to leak.

BlownSi05
02-23-2012, 06:21 AM
i swear ive already posted this question, but i know the jrsc blowers only need about a quart of oil..i know my mechanic said he put 1.5quarts in it when we installed it, and the guy i bought it from said he had just put oil in the blower before he sent it lol..so im finding out all this after the fact and im wondering if its bad/possible to put in too much sc oil? if so would that cause any negative side effects? thanks- joep

1QT?! 1.5 QT?! Not to be harsh, but seriously fire your mechanic and never let anyone use him again! The fact that he guessed and did not even take the time to look it up tells all.

The GM supercharger oil comes in a 150ml size, which is exactly 5 oz. You basically put about 3/4 of that bottle into the JRSC to refill it, which is about 110ml as 04EP3Hatch has stated.

I don't even think my M122 on my GT500 takes 1 qt. of SC oil....lol. And that thing is a 2.1L blower.