PDA

View Full Version : "Lightweight" version of the CTR?

Jukka
02-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I've noticed this a few times as i've been looking around on the CTRO.uk boards. Apparently there was a "lightweight" version of the CTR that came out in Japan.

From what I've found out about it, they come without A/C (as do alot of models in Europe), no rear wiper with smoothed glass (like what Siborg has on the back of his car), and manual windows..

I even found the manual window part on a european parts breakdown. #3/11
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/hpl/images_car/17S5S01/imge/B__5300.jpg

I also found a "lightweight" CTR for sale over the UK.
http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/largepic.asp?i=3639108&noPics=9&make=HONDA&model=CIVICTYPER&imgsrv=1&trade=0&current=9
apparently this guys car weighs 1235KG, so 2700lbs? Curb weight on a regular CTR is 2740 curb weight...so not much of a weight savings.

But thought it might be interesting for some of you guys who are thinkin of shaving some weight in your civics.

Any one else got more information on these "lightweight" versions of the CTR?

SkareKrow
02-13-2012, 07:59 PM
Interesting....

":;,,,;:" $|{@|2€|{|?()\\//\\// using HTC Evo 4G!

usedep3
02-13-2012, 09:08 PM
i want the part number on that rear hatch glass. how are you finding this info? i find navigating through CTRO to be difficult

SHHEP3@UB
02-13-2012, 09:35 PM
That is really cool, I had not heard of a light weight before. Wish more auto-companies would produce stripped out versions of their performance cars, always seams like luxury and tech add-ons increase with performance.

I take it that it would not be easy to get any of these parts over here.

Jukka
02-13-2012, 10:00 PM
i want the part number on that rear hatch glass. how are you finding this info? i find navigating through CTRO to be difficult
mostly by chance. I can't find the actual part number for the glass, but Siborg could probably provide it since he got his glass brand new. Yea CTRO is a bit of a pain in the ass at times, but I spent alot of time just looking through people's builds. Some of the cars over there are just nuts. The first time I saw the manual windows was a guy who has a Rotorex Supercharged full track built EP that he bought the manual window cranks for it to compliment his carbon door skins. Then I found this "lightweight" model when I was just cruising around pistonheads today.

As for gettin that parts, I found the picture in the parts look-up ive used, but no part #s or prices. I'd say if you can find a company that can buy/that sells parts directly from honda in japan, they would be able to sell em.

I REALLY want to buy a Type-R just to strip out some of the parts in it that are so much cooler than the OEM USDM parts. Like they have rear seat brace/gussets under the seat cushions instead of our big hefty cross beam. Also their front seat belts are different than ours too. Instead of a single mounting bolt at the bottom, they have this "S" track that the seatbelt connects to so its adjustable for comfort depending on how far back the person sits in their seat.
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3622/3622792-6.jpg
you can kinda see it there.

I also love how their tools for the spares are attached to the rear interior plastics using a teather rather than being shoved under the floor with the spare
http://cdn.images.pistonheads.com/aimg/3619/3619307-6.jpg
I'm such a knit-picker about these little random things in the car. I wanna try and track some of this stuff down just to be unique.

Also for the JDM-whores...they also offer OEM seat-heaters with switches that mount in the pocket next to handbrake too.
http://www.hondaoriginalparts.com/hpl/images_car/17S5S01/imge/B__3740.jpg
#4 in the picture...

Hasbro
02-13-2012, 10:28 PM
Boy, pretty dissapointing numbers. Doesn't the RSX R weigh 2660?

SHG_EasyE
02-18-2012, 09:16 AM
I believe the Type S weighs 2790... Cool info on the lightweight version though. The reason they dont offer more performance models equipped with "less" options is because the American market would have nothing of it. Take the 1st gen USDM STi's for example. They came stock with no sound system, and I think just about every person who bought one ordered it with the optional stereo. When they came out with the next model STi stereo was standard.

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
02-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I believe the Type S weighs 2790... Cool info on the lightweight version though. The reason they dont offer more performance models equipped with "less" options is because the American market would have nothing of it. Take the 1st gen USDM STi's for example. They came stock with no sound system, and I think just about every person who bought one ordered it with the optional stereo. When they came out with the next model STi stereo was standard.
i agree 100% the us market is completly diffrent than the rest of the world

MugenReplica
02-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Nice!!! Somebody finally found the part numbers on the manual windows! I've been desperately waiting to find out all of this when I found out about hte lightweight model!! Finally, gotta save some cash and get some manual windows/panels installed into my carbon fiber doors!:msmile:

gtolio
02-20-2012, 08:40 AM
I'd love to have manual windows. Power windows FTL. Makes me miss my old 97 DX. :mfrown:

Havranek7
09-10-2012, 11:15 PM
hello www.ephatch.com and thank you for your info – I've certainly picked up anything new from right here I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, since I experienced to reload the web site lots of times previous to I could get it to load properly I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords Anyway I'm adding this RSS to my email and could look out for much more of your respective exciting content Ensure that you update this again soon wish you luck, lighting wholesalers (http://bruteforex.com)

rhdsirek4
09-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Fully gutted;)

thakid
09-21-2012, 07:49 PM
wait. where are the manual window part numbers? and where to order? curious in pricing haha