PDA

View Full Version : how to install an mp3 player jack

ephatchback
02-13-2012, 11:08 PM
i know i need to find a signal going to the head unit to splice an 1/8th" female jack cabe..then mount the female jack in an unused blank in the driverside dash near the shifter..i just dont know which wires feed an audio sig to the factory head unit...ect..-joep

whatsvtec
02-13-2012, 11:11 PM
stock headunit?
get this
http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/honda/civic/1999-2005/cat_269.html
+
any cable like this. (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000068O3A/ref=asc_df_B000068O3A1899064?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000068O3A)

don't splice into your factory harness/deck

ephatchback
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
i appreciate the quick/quality response, but im more of a hands on type of guy and could easily splice the wires, say, coming from my antenna to a female 1/8th in cable and get the job done..i had seen the plug in boxes previously, i was just wondering if anyone had any experience doing it them selves? thanks again...-joep

Ba82Ep3
02-14-2012, 12:17 AM
?

Are you trying to send music from an iPod through a 1/8 jack wired into your radio antenna?

ephatchback
02-14-2012, 12:32 AM
?

Are you trying to send music from an iPod through a 1/8 jack wired into your radio antenna?

no..i was just using that as an example of how one might be able to get a signal going to the stock head unit..i knkow you can get plenty of signals coming from the head unit to run a remote cable for an amp by splicing into speaker wires...im just trying to figure out if there is a way to splice into a source that is going into the head unit...not coming out. if the antenna wires are going into the head unit, it only makes sense that splicing a 1/8 female jack would send a stereo ipod signal to the head unit..i might lose my am fm lol, but if it works i dont care..im just tryin to figure out if anyones tried it withough buying a harness? or if there are other input signal wires going into the head unit that i could tap into for my 1/8 pug? thanks- joep

whatsvtec
02-14-2012, 12:33 AM
I think he may be trying to splice into the antenna going into the headunit somehow? Not sure.

Ba82Ep3
02-14-2012, 10:08 AM
Nah... you need that little majic box he showed you up there. There isnt a way to direct connect to the radio without it.

There was a way to connect 6 disc changers back in the day through the antenna... but you had to use a little majic box... and tune your radio to a certain radio station for it to work. There is no direct connection way without the little majic box.

An aftermarket head unit is a different subject...

ephatchback
03-13-2012, 05:15 PM
rite on..thanks for all the replys and help..-joep

tht1guy
03-13-2012, 05:34 PM
I've got a blitz Ipod cable for the stock head unit then a belkin bluetooth adapter attached to it with a female ipod to 3.5mm cord.it's a great setup for bluetooth streaming on the stock radio plus the belkin button looks perfect on top of the the blank next to the shifter.

I'm going to sell it I just got a dual din touch screen if you want to buy it pm me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk