PDA

View Full Version : Clutch pedal stays on the floor

the1986
02-14-2012, 05:07 PM
My clutch pedal is sticking on the floor whenever its pressed.

I've recently replaced the CMC(em2), slave, added the corsport stainless line, new clutch/flywheel/pressure plate, and also moved the fluid reservoir an inch or so forward (I had to do this in order for the mugen strut bar to fit) It looks like the soft line running from the reservoir to the CMC is leaking slightly from the top of the cmc, not sure if its the line or the clamp. I also used Motul 5.1 fluid

Basically my question is could that leak cause the pedal to stick on the floor? or is there something else causing it? It looks to me like the spring behind the clutch pedal is responsible for the pedal returning...

Any input would be appreciated,

-Teal

dj addicted
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM
If there is no pressure then the pedal will go to the floor. Fix that leak then re-bleed the system

the1986
02-14-2012, 10:02 PM
I forgot to say that there is still fluid in the reservoir. It is right above the min... I tried to drive the car yesterday, the clutch worked at first, but then the pedal wouldn't return, and the fluid had dropped slightly.

gamma6
02-15-2012, 12:29 AM
Yea dude that pedal is pressure regulated get that leak fixed first then start to windle down to other solutions, by that leak ur letting the pressure escape not forcing the pedal back up... I see it as pressing the pedal in building pressure in the "system" then using that same peessure to bring the pedal back out to equalize everything...
Being a testing engineer for half my job, i see this every once in a while... When there is a leak or air bubble it will take for ever for pressure to build up inside a pressure vessel, so u may have to bleed it but since u said there is a leak that might be ur problem to not building pressure

makavelibranded
02-15-2012, 12:54 AM
Thats what im thinking, its pressurised. If theres an opening and you hit the clutch, the fluid escapes, lose pressure and you get air in the lines.

Manny Kid 15
02-15-2012, 08:13 AM
I had the same issue a while ago its your clutch master cylinder bro get that replaced and your set

Sent from MANNY KID 15 using Tapatalk

j0000stin
02-15-2012, 12:53 PM
one of the seals probably went on your cmc

the1986
02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
the cmc is brand new... so i wouldn't think its that, unless its defective. I'm hoping that its just the tube or clamp

the1986
02-20-2012, 06:15 PM
I bled the system again and now the pedal comes back up, but the cmc does appear to be leaking. (which pisses me off cuz its brand new...)

here's a pic
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b7/the1986/IMG_1395.jpg
The leak is coming from the lower left hand side of the CMC. I'm not really an expert on hydraulics, but would the cmc being bad the only thing that cause that? or could it be improper torque on the nuts holding it on from the other side of the firewall?