PDA

View Full Version : Megan Racing SS vs Track Series

AKEP
02-17-2012, 12:56 AM
I hate to say it but ephatch's search function sucks big time. that's another thread though...

So! I didn't realize that Megan racing had a track series coilover they offered for the RSX. They say the spring rates are 12k/16k on the track versions and 10k/12k on the SS versions. Anyone have experience with the track series?

Just curious because I can pick up the track series a little cheaper than the SS. I've read the damping on the SS go from softer-than-oem to really stiff. Also wondering how soft the track series go, I imagine the stiffest is beyond bone chattering. Not looking to get dumped. Looking for functional suspension. If they are anything close to stock on soft that would fit the bill for dd and track days. I have to travel about 80 miles a day for work, 90% highway.

Zzyzx
02-17-2012, 03:51 PM
honestly if you are looking at a good functioning suspension for track days... you really should not be looking at ANY damper that adjust both bump and rebound at the same time. So, that discounts pretty much 90% of the field right there.

Also, for best performance you should be looking to set your suspension up as soft as you can get away with. Yes, Soft. How soft you can go with will be dependent on a lot of other factors of your cars setup, but rest assured SOFT = GRIP.