PDA

View Full Version : Rim Repair

TrippZ
01-05-2003, 02:33 PM
As some of you know, the second day i had the car I curbed 3 rims in one day. So my question is:

How much should it run to repair these rims?

and

How much should it run to get the lip a polished silver the middle gun metal powder coated?

Thanks. I know I dont know everything about cars and all, thats why i ask these questions. I've only been into cars for about a year (im only 16!), so excuse me if this is a stupid question.

TrippZ
01-05-2003, 04:22 PM
... anyone?

ChapSchtick
01-05-2003, 06:44 PM
well, dont know about the gunmetal portion of your question but I can speak from experience in the rim department. I hit a pothole one night with my 17" RH CP8s and bent the inner lip good enough to cause a slow leak and horrible ride. Took it to a place here in Orlando to get it fixed and it cost me $175. Coulda bought a new rim for $250 but it came out pretty good. Haven't mounted it since then though, gonna put them on my EP, but depending on the damage expect that price, give or take $25.

good luck

TrippZ
01-06-2003, 10:03 AM
Well there's nothign bent, just a few scratches on the outer lip.

napapacoda
01-06-2003, 01:22 PM
Why not call up a few places and ask them so you can find out an answer and then let us know.

HondaMan
01-06-2003, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm going to break out my Dremel ASAP to fix some curb damage on 1 of my rims. I'm going to sand/grind out the damage and then buff them to match the machined finish (polished lip) as best I can.

I would repeat these steps to fix gunmetal powder coat damage of the wheel and try to match the color as best as possible with a durable spray paint...re-powder coating them would be very expensive (probably would have to re-powder coat the whole wheel)...unless you had access to a powder coat paint booth. I use to work at an OEM wheel plant as a co-op student and did powder coated wheel testing and the like...one of the coolest jobs I ever had.

Good luck with it!

taikahn
01-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
As some of you know, the second day i had the car I curbed 3 rims in one day. So my question is:

ROTFL --- Never have I had such a good chuckle on ephatch.com

3 rims in 2 days ---- doooooood, you shouldn't be modding your car, its a sign from the gods.

:cool:

TrippZ
01-06-2003, 05:08 PM
3 rims in one day, and it was my first car with rims, so exfuckingcuse me

taikahn
01-06-2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
3 rims in one day, and it was my first car with rims, so exfuckingcuse me

man, I was being sarfuckingcastic.

Peace.

napapacoda
01-06-2003, 06:26 PM
lol, yea, i thought it was strange myself. I don't see how you could have curbed them unless u mean u bent them. I've heard of people bending or cracking three wheels in a day just because they ride 18's in the North East... idiots. Either that or you really dont know how to turn because thats like you fucked up on the right with 2 turns by going 2 close to the curb and then on the left once, all in the same day.