PDA

View Full Version : Issues at TAke off questions

gtecd20
02-20-2012, 06:01 PM
ok so ive noticed every time i take off that my front right tire bounces and i hear it like hitting the top almost like its struggleing to put the wheel down to take off.

I just changed the shocks a couple months ago so dont know what it could be. I know the LCR is starting to rip maybe that would be it but need help if any have gone through this before. Need to know how to fix this so i can take off better from stop

my ride is a 04ep3 a3 w/JR street sitting on stock suspension with lowering springs that drop it around 2 inch all around

thanks for the help

junevtec
02-20-2012, 06:24 PM
mines does the same shit i dont know what could be causing it it sounds like a big bang its crazy

gtecd20
02-20-2012, 06:43 PM
yea thats how mine sounds its loud and i think it scares the other people driving so makes me not really push my car hard at take off i have to wait to shift to second then go hard

monjarassi
02-20-2012, 08:12 PM
That's called wheel hop. A torque dampner and stronger mounts will help.

02blacksi
02-20-2012, 08:23 PM
That's called wheel hop. A torque dampner and stronger mounts will help.

i agree, sounds like wheel hop, mine used to hop so bad thats the windshield wipers would come on lol

junevtec
02-20-2012, 08:32 PM
it might also be your rims they are huge dude

rd02SiR
02-20-2012, 08:41 PM
I have a front esmm and a torque dampener set to very stiff. Mine still hops like a mofo. When launching.

Sent from my awful auto correcting iPhone using Tapatalk

gtecd20
02-21-2012, 06:37 AM
That's what I thought with 18 inch runs so I took them off and put on the stock 16s and still hops guess I'll try upgrading motor mounts and get a torque damper try to lessen it

Kerby
02-21-2012, 07:11 AM
Torque dampener is not a good idea. We have proved that all it does is applies stress to the motor mount which over time causes unneccesary fatigue to the mount.

The appropiate way to get rid of wheel hop on our vehicles is to purchase a motor mount kit. The ones most of use on EPhatch use is Avid Motor mounts. They redesigned the passanger mount. If you vehicle is not DD then I'd recommend the 75s. If it is DD then I'd recommend a combination of 60 with exception of the passenger. For the passenger get 70.

Next after installing the motor mounts you will need to install a x-brace. Unfortunately D3Racing does not make make braces anymore, but I believe Ultra Racing still makes some. I do not know about their quality but it may help you.