PDA

View Full Version : Catalytic converter n test/straight pipes?

tqk
02-21-2012, 10:42 AM
? My ep has a CC that is rusted to hell n is about to fall off. Also thinks that why my check engine cones n goes. Really don't want to spend 200 on a CC. Can anyone help with exp in test/straight pipes? Saw some on eBay for 50. Do the work n how much louder is it. I'm from VA so no emissions n I have a cat back 5zigen exhaust that is not loud at all. Honestly it has the best sound I've seen on anyone NA ep. I heard those test/straight pipe have O2 sensor clearance issues. Please help any input will be much appreciated. Thanks

bchaney
02-21-2012, 10:55 AM
I would get the CEL read before you do anything...

A test pipe will be louder than a cat. Fitment is the only variable in it "working" - as long as it bolts up fine you're good to go. clubrsx sells o2 extensions if necessary.

tqk
02-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I hear some peeps have cel issues after install. Any info on this?

theMan_ny
02-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah your CEL will turn on but they sell CEL eliminators that move your sensor away. Megan racing or ClubRSX have them or you can make one your self. It's not a guarantee that it will work. It's only a quick fix. And yes your car will sound louder depending on what test pipe you get. So expect that..