PDA

View Full Version : Caliper Question

staticage
02-23-2012, 07:53 AM
My little 02 is in need of calipers , I want to retain the 4x100 bolt pattern . every forum is so over crowed with info but when I search its mostly for putting our calpiers on older cars ,
any suggestions ? I currently have stock calipers ( very rusty pistons) and password rotors hawk pads
I have no issues with the current performance just figure I may want an upgrade with replacment
Might just see if I can find a rebuild kit ,
Mike dee

tinman5
03-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I purchased a simple seal kit from Advance Auto Parts for something like $4 a caliper. They can also get you the pistons but would more than likely have to be ordered.
At any rate, overhauling your own calipers is not all too difficult, i upgraded to a type s setup so i didnt suffer too much down time. That and I have 2 other cars for emergency use...
Be advised though, if you plan on doing this on your dd, seating the outer boot can be tricky or go smoothly. I used a pair of smallish zip ties to worm the boot into place. The first caliper was a pain in the ass, took about 2 hours, the second took maybe 15 minutes. Unfortunately, one of the boots did not seat properly, it got pinched, began leaking my precious Castrol GTLMA, and had my redoing the boot. Which, once i had a feel for how to work the zip ties took about an hour and a half from taking off the tire to bleeding the system again.

hyu
03-04-2012, 07:08 PM
There are a couple of Frankenstein rotor/calipers out there. I've read somewhere a Acura CL caliper meets a mini-s rotor. I could be mistaken though. I'm def in need of new rotors soon so I might as well upgrade everything since they are off