PDA

View Full Version : neep help susp. and axle poped out

turboep
02-23-2012, 11:20 AM
putting back on my stock suspension after haveing k sport coilovers. 2 things, first everythings off up front, got the stock strut in place with the top three bolts and theres no room to get the axle back in that poped out or to bolt in the bottom of strut? do i need a spring compressor? 2nd any trick for geting the axle back in?

turboep
02-23-2012, 11:48 AM
jus saw the axle pop out
stcky"

jdmjay27
04-06-2012, 07:38 PM
putting back on my stock suspension after haveing k sport coilovers. 2 things, first everythings off up front, got the stock strut in place with the top three bolts and theres no room to get the axle back in that poped out or to bolt in the bottom of strut? do i need a spring compressor? 2nd any trick for geting the axle back in?

What do you mean there's no room to get the axle back?

Luckily I had my axle pop out a few weeks ago too so I can help out. Try putting your spare tire on and spin it SLOWLY and push at the same time. (with your car jacked up of course). When you feel a difference as you're spinning it, keep rotating on the area back and forth and it should pop back in :)

USAF EP3
04-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Where are you in Florida? Maybe I can swing by if you're close to me and help you out.

Drunken Yak inc
04-06-2012, 08:21 PM
What do you mean there's no room to get the axle back?

Luckily I had my axle pop out a few weeks ago too so I can help out. Try putting your spare tire on and spin it SLOWLY and push at the same time. (with your car jacked up of course). When you feel a difference as you're spinning it, keep rotating on the area back and forth and it should pop back in :)

This worked for me... Except that I had to push like a son of a bitch to get it to pop back in lol.

McTaggart34
04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Where are you in Florida? Maybe I can swing by if you're close to me and help you out.

way off topic .. but dude im loving your Avatar !!