PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought the Erebuni kit yet?

CleanBlackSi02
06-15-2002, 08:03 PM
Has anyone bought the Erebuni Type R kit yet? I'm interested to see how it fits. So many people advised against them. I duno...thoughts, comments?

DownTheHatch
06-15-2002, 09:41 PM
I remember seeing in Pradamuimui's profile that he has the kit, we'll have to find out....

xlr8
06-16-2002, 08:11 AM
i love that kit so much im thinking about ordering it. im just afraid of erebuni. i might order the spoiler and see how it fits. then if the fitment is better then their old stuff, ill order the whole kit

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by xlr8
i love that kit so much im thinking about ordering it. im just afraid of erebuni. i might order the spoiler and see how it fits. then if the fitment is better then their old stuff, ill order the whole kit

Yeah, I'm definitely down for the spoiler.....I doubt we'll have any fitment issues with it.

xlr8
06-16-2002, 01:33 PM
well i did buy a spoiler from erebuni once and it was so bad that i sent it back. it was over an inch longer on one side then the other. thats why im thinking of ordering the spoiler first to chack the fitment. because if it is junk its alot cheaper to send that back then a whole kit

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 01:51 PM
well i did buy a spoiler from erebuni once and it was so bad that i sent it back. it was over an inch longer on one side then the other. thats why im thinking of ordering the spoiler first to chack the fitment. because if it is junk its alot cheaper to send that back then a whole kit

That's pretty bad. An inch off is unacceptable.

xlr8
06-16-2002, 05:41 PM
the biggest thing that scares me about that kit is that its not a pic of the real kit. its just a pic of a type r. i wonder how much the european or jdm front and rear bumpers are, to get rid of those damn side marker likes

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 05:42 PM
the biggest thing that scares me about that kit is that its not a pic of the real kit. its just a pic of a type r. i wonder how much the european or jdm front and rear bumpers are, to get rid of those damn side marker likes

Are they one piece? Like is the factory body kit molded into the bumper? It didnt appear that way...

xlr8
06-16-2002, 05:45 PM
no i dont think so. i just hate those marker lights. i would at least like to get clear ones.

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 06:05 PM
no i dont think so. i just hate those marker lights. i would at least like to get clear ones.

I already have a scrape on my front bumper, so I'm going to check into shaving the reflectors off when I get my paint work done. I'll make a post when I get information on what needs to be done to shave the plastic and cost, etc...

xlr8
06-16-2002, 06:11 PM
i didnt think you could since the bumber is urathane, if so let me know.

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 06:14 PM
i didnt think you could since the bumber is urathane, if so let me know.

Pretty much anything can be done....for a price... :rolleyes:

xlr8
06-16-2002, 06:19 PM
thats true, but if the price is real high ill learn to live with them

CleanBlackSi02
06-16-2002, 06:26 PM
thats true, but if the price is real high ill learn to live with them

I'll be going to get a few estimates within a week....so I'll know soon.

Mulder
06-17-2002, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty much interested in the body kit also, so I called them. They are expecting to have the body kits in stock in mid Aug. As of now they don't have much on details as to how they look except they should look "just like the R type"

xlr8
06-17-2002, 04:11 PM
thats sounds like erebuni. no product available, no info, but they want you to buy it.

K20NutBucket
06-27-2002, 05:59 PM
i wish wings west would hurry up on something. I know at least there kits would fit and surely they have a type-r kit. Hey gives me an idea.....ill email them.

xlr8
06-28-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by K20NutBucket
i wish wings west would hurry up on something. I know at least there kits would fit and surely they have a type-r kit. Hey gives me an idea.....ill email them.
i emailed them a few weeks ago and never heard back, i should try again. let us know if you hear anything

CleanBlackSi02
06-28-2002, 03:51 PM

i emailed them a few weeks ago and never heard back, i should try again. let us know if you hear anything

I asked yesterday, and recieved back today:

Sometime next year we should have something.

Happy Tuning,

Justin Sharp

Pretty vague, huh?

K20NutBucket
06-29-2002, 07:01 PM
i got the same email.......late this year early next. they werent sure what the kit would look like. :mad:

BlazeX12
07-02-2002, 11:08 AM
Anyone have the APC kit yet? It doesnt look bad, i saw it on the pep boys car at Hot Import Nights in Atlantic city. I'm thinking about getting the apc front and rear, and getting the type R side skirts... i dont know yet though, first i need to lower it.

DynaSpeed
07-02-2002, 11:40 AM
Anyone have the APC kit yet I went up to Murray's Auto a couple weeks ago to ask them if they sold anything that APC made. (I figured I'd be able to get it cheaper than the tuner shop). They said, "Sure, what do you need?"... me, "the body kit for the 2k2 Civic Si".... calls APC.... "Oh, thats just a prototype, they don't actually sell that yet to private buyers... come back in a few weeks and we'll see if there's any change".

BlazeX12
07-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by DynaSpeed
I went up to Murray's Auto a couple weeks ago to ask them if they sold anything that APC made. (I figured I'd be able to get it cheaper than the tuner shop). They said, "Sure, what do you need?"... me, "the body kit for the 2k2 Civic Si".... calls APC.... "Oh, thats just a prototype, they don't actually sell that yet to private buyers... come back in a few weeks and we'll see if there's any change".
Then why is it posted to buy on 4APC.net? Well, im going to pep boys to see if they sell it. I'll let you kow what happens.

BlazeX12
07-02-2002, 01:30 PM
Went to Pep Boys, kit is now on sale from APC. Price $650. Part # 10226001.

mixedupneko
07-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Whatsup Blaze you from jersey ?. I saw the car also t HIN AC. The kit looked nice for a lip kit. bu then agina is APC. u noewhat APC stands for rtite?...American Piece of Crap.. but it looks nie
if it was like 400 id buy it fuck 650

neko

BlazeX12
07-02-2002, 02:29 PM
I'm from Northren Va. Me and some firends drove up there for HIN. 650 is alot for the kit, but the type r kit is 780, and the front bumper looks almost the exact same as the Si? The side skirts and rear is nice looking. But why would i pay 780, for a kit that has bascically the same front?

mixedupneko
07-02-2002, 07:46 PM
the typer kit front sucks really bad but the sides and back are nice. I honetly woulnt recomend the APC kit tho bro. our stock syling looks hotter dropped real low.

neko
wait for the good kits to come out

RacingCivicSi02
07-19-2002, 12:56 AM
Everyone knows APC makes crap so i suggest no one should get it. APC really make half ass stuff

CleanBlackSi02
07-19-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by BlazeX12
I'm from Northren Va. Me and some firends drove up there for HIN. 650 is alot for the kit, but the type r kit is 780, and the front bumper looks almost the exact same as the Si? The side skirts and rear is nice looking. But why would i pay 780, for a kit that has bascically the same front?

I would...if it wasn't made by Erebuni. It's good for people looking for something simple and not a completely different front end.

BlazeX12
07-19-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02

I would...if it wasn't made by Erebuni. It's good for people looking for something simple and not a completely different front end.
You would pay money for the same bumper?? Compare the type R to the Si? It's the same, the side skirts are tight and so is the rear, but the front is almost exactly the same as an Si... that would be like taking off your stock wheels, going to honda and buying a new set of stock wheels and putting them on... they look the same, unless there is something that im missing in all the pictures i have seen, and compared to....

CleanBlackSi02
07-19-2002, 03:32 PM

You would pay money for the same bumper?? Compare the type R to the Si? It's the same, the side skirts are tight and so is the rear, but the front is almost exactly the same as an Si... that would be like taking off your stock wheels, going to honda and buying a new set of stock wheels and putting them on... they look the same, unless there is something that im missing in all the pictures i have seen, and compared to....

I would if it made the car look lower, and like the Type R. Oh wait....that's just what the Type R kit does. :p

BlazeX12
07-20-2002, 08:34 PM
the front doesnt make the car look lower, the side skirts and the rear does, the only thing different from our front to thiers is those little wing thingies on the side of the bumper. And if you think looking at the pictures the type r looks lower, well, from what i hear, it is lower, about 1" plus they have 17" rims which kills the wheel gap. The lip of the type r , to me, is not worth it, i already have that bumper on my car, im not going to pay to get the same thing. I will buy the side skirts ans rear though.

CleanBlackSi02
07-20-2002, 10:03 PM
the front doesnt make the car look lower, the side skirts and the rear does, the only thing different from our front to thiers is those little wing thingies on the side of the bumper. And if you think looking at the pictures the type r looks lower, well, from what i hear, it is lower, about 1" plus they have 17" rims which kills the wheel gap. The lip of the type r , to me, is not worth it, i already have that bumper on my car, im not going to pay to get the same thing. I will buy the side skirts ans rear though.

The "wing thingies" make it look lower in the front from the side... It all comes down to preference. I've always been into subltle appearance modification, whereas some people choose to change the whole bumper and try to change the look of the car. If I had kept my 5th Gen Prelude, my next appearance mod would have been the OEM body kit. Looks the same right? Exactly....just a lil extra flavor to an already well styled car...

BlazeX12
07-21-2002, 10:50 PM
Ok, if you like it, thats cool, i'm just saying i dont see that much of a diff. to pay for it. I'm getting the side skirts and rear when they become avail. I'll look for another front lip, APC's doesnt look so bad except that its APC. I'll be patient and wait to see what comes out.