PDA

View Full Version : Recharging AC

makavelibranded
02-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here has recharged there ac or would mind explaining it, steps, & parts used?. My ac is no longer up to par and instead of taking it to a shop id like to tackle this.

DropItLikeIts
02-25-2012, 06:24 PM
I had mine recharged for $80. You need to get all the old stuff out and and new stuff in. For that u need the equipment to do it properly. Some things are best left to a shop............ Just saying

Civic5lug
02-25-2012, 07:40 PM
A small vacuum pump IF you want to pull the old refrigerant out or check for leaks.
A set of high pressure and low pressure gauges. Harbor Freight has a decent set for cheap.
Then prob around 3 cans of r134 to "charge" the system.
Then you can google what the pressures on the low side and high side should be, depending on the temp outside.

There's more detailed steps but thats a rough over view lol.

To add charge, those cans that have gauges on them are better then nothing lol. put the adaptor onto your low side post (only should fit one) and with the ac on full blast in the car. Squeeze the trigger in bursts. then watch the gauge

makavelibranded
02-25-2012, 10:57 PM
thank you for the info both of you :thumbu:

fdnyjon
06-04-2012, 07:51 PM
hmm sounds a bit complicated lol i might just bring mine to a pro lol

junevtec
06-04-2012, 08:33 PM
is as easy as just plugging the can to the low side and checking the guage to make sure it stays on the green

1st
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM
You need to get all the old stuff out and and new stuff in.
This is a first that I have heard. I checked google and youtube and it looks like all there doing is hooking the bottle with the gauge up. Whats the benefits of removing all as opposed to just topping off if still blowing cold but not ice cold and not smelling like mildew?