PDA

View Full Version : New here to EP Hatch

jettadreams
02-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey everybody,
Names Kyle. Im Living in the Cleveland aria of good ole Ohio.
Im just starting to get into the whole EP scene. I have always been a big VW guy, however I can't turn away from Honda reliability and fun all packing into the si cars. I have had a 2010 civic 4 door si that was a great car, that time was cut short by a job loss forcing me to sell the at the time new car. After getting back on my feet I was able to grab up (and now drive) a cheaper 2002 Black Civic Si. I love the car, as it resembles at least to me my past civic. I worked as a tech for many years and love how "most" things are easy to replace on these cars. To end this rant(story) I am just putting the car back to mostly stock besides for heavy suspension upgrades, coming from the VW side of things stance means a lot to me. The car was quite the rice-car when my friend got it and it has come a long way. Hopefully with all the helpful info and DIY's on here I can get it back to the condition it deserves to be in. I have been on many other forums mostly vwvortex, I will be in the classifieds quite often trying to snag some stock parts deals.
Here is a pick of the old thing to start Im sure I will have more.
Thanks in advance for letting me join up and pick through the helpful info!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/jettadreams/th_6d651e6c.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/jettadreams/?action=view&current=6d651e6c.jpg)
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/jettadreams/th_9ee32787.jpg (http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/bb238/jettadreams/?action=view&current=9ee32787.jpg)

theMan_ny
02-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the site and I'm glad you decided to choose the EP over a VW. :mbiggrin:

EP3_Kolendo
02-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Welcome!

04SiSpeed
02-28-2012, 07:01 AM
good to have u man! I have a buddy balls deep in vdub life so i can imagine how tuff a change could be! lol.. Enjoy her, and at the least get rid of that stock motor. Throw a newer si, k20a, k24 tsx, lol anything almost over the stock motor, you will love it even more trust me.

Take care of her and please do stay on here me need more regulars, they have sort of paned out it seems. Iv been on here since before the web change and i dont plan to sell my EP.

jettadreams
03-01-2012, 12:37 PM
good to have u man! I have a buddy balls deep in vdub life so i can imagine how tuff a change could be! lol.. Enjoy her, and at the least get rid of that stock motor. Throw a newer si, k20a, k24 tsx, lol anything almost over the stock motor, you will love it even more trust me.

Take care of her and please do stay on here me need more regulars, they have sort of paned out it seems. Iv been on here since before the web change and i dont plan to sell my EP.

Thanks dude, Its deff a change, but I like the car a lot. I plan on upgrades, Im moving to the city closest to my work so with the extra cash I will be getting coilovers first. I need to get some better fitment on this thing. Feels weird being so high up off the ground lol.
(Side note) anybody know why my post count is stuck at zero? I have searched around a bit and cant find why it wont increase, I have posted quite a bit since signing up but with no count??

Thanks again for the welcomes, I plan on starting a suspension build thread here soon. For people who are into fitment offset and love wheels!

Jpax
03-01-2012, 01:52 PM
welcome to the hatch, grats on your new purchase.

usedep3
03-01-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks dude, Its deff a change, but I like the car a lot. I plan on upgrades, Im moving to the city closest to my work so with the extra cash I will be getting coilovers first. I need to get some better fitment on this thing. Feels weird being so high up off the ground lol.
(Side note) anybody know why my post count is stuck at zero? I have searched around a bit and cant find why it wont increase, I have posted quite a bit since signing up but with no count??

Thanks again for the welcomes, I plan on starting a suspension build thread here soon. For people who are into fitment offset and love wheels!

only certain/technical sections will add to your post count. mods will regulate/delete most attempts at post whoring.

jettadreams
03-02-2012, 09:50 AM
only certain/technical sections will add to your post count. mods will regulate/delete most attempts at post whoring.

Gotcha, I ended up finding the sticky at the top of this forum page, mystery solved. Thanks again....

Euro-Yellow-Ep3
03-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Welcome bro

ep3allstar
03-03-2012, 10:15 PM
glad to have you on here

SkareKrow
03-04-2012, 12:03 PM
:welcome: Thanks for signing up and cant wait to see more pictures of it.:smile:

Sent from my PC36100 using Xparent Red Tapatalk